here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey reefman069, Great build really enjoy seeing what you have done. I am looking at getting a similar size tank and was wondering how much the tank itself weighs? and how thick of acrylic it is? I want to have a tank built as big as I can go but am restricted by not wanting to have something craned in or have to know a pall bearer team to help me move. I had to get rid of my big glass tank for this reason. Thanks.. love the pics keep 'em coming.

hey thank you. i really enjoy this hobby. well my tank is made of 3/4 acrylic. i really dont know how much it weighs. i would have to say around 400 to 500 pounds. it wasnt that hard to move. i went and bought two furniture dollys. put the tank on its side and roled it into the room. leaned it on the stand and put some pvc pipe on the stand me and two other guys lifted it on and roled it into place.

Looking real REAL nice Matt! Gotta get by and see it now that it has water/livestock in it!

thanks. well the new update is that i am adding new leds. they are on there way. just tracked them. they will be here in one day. i cant wait. im getting four evo200's. im still going to be running my m.h. im thinking im going to run my moon lights for 1 hour. them my evo's for 4 hours then turn off when my m.h. turn on. run them for 4 hours and turn off and then run the evo's for 4 hours then moon lights for 1 hour.

hey halmus. thats a good idea. too bad i couldn't wait that long. just got all four of them hung. i do have to say im very honored to have my tank in the psas tank tour. it will be lots of fun. well wish i could take some pictures to post, but my digital camera just died. i will have to go buy a new one. maybe when i get my tax return. maybe someone with a camera can come over and take some pictures for me. tank tour is coming up. someone in the tour will have a camera and post a picture or two for me.

here is a picture of the new doors and hood i just made for my fishtank. the doors are held on my velcro.
IMG_20130205_132317.jpg

Very very nice!!!good job!love it!!!still my dreamtank!!!

thank you nata. i love this tank. it is also my dream tank. a buddy and i was going to build this same size tank years ago, but when i started to add up how much it would it would be in acrylic. i said WOW.

Looks good reeferman. Does it go to the ceiling? I like the velcro too!
Btw WE would love some updated video of ur monster.
So many big tanks going up right now. WA is gonna b #1 lol wootwoot
D

that is an awesome build! I am setting up a 312g system myself. 5'x5'x20" Any issues with the shallow depth (coral bleaching)? Im figuring it should be great for SPS cause you wont have to much water to push through with the lighting. Im using radion leds for mine. Do you plan on switching to leds or are you going to keep your halides?

that is an awesome build! I am setting up a 312g system myself. 5'x5'x20" Any issues with the shallow depth (coral bleaching)? Im figuring it should be great for SPS cause you wont have to much water to push through with the lighting. Im using radion leds for mine. Do you plan on switching to leds or are you going to keep your halides?

well i am running leds right now. i have 4 evo 200's i am still running my halides also. so the lighting cycle starts in the morning with my moon light leds. they are on for 1 hour. then my evos turn on just the blues for two hours. them the evos whites turn on and the blues and whites run for two more hours. then my 3 400 watt halides turn on and run for 6 hours then the blue and white leds turn on for two hours. then the whites turn off and the blues run for two hours. then the moon lights turn on for 1 hour. i love the way the leds look but still dont want my corals to loose there bright color. i have been told by many other reefers that when they went just to leds there coral lost alot of color. well as you know. every system is different.

Chad found your build thread and man you did alot of work to get this tank going! I have to check this beast out and perhaps you can help me with plumbing ideas for my 120. Thanks Galvin

Chad found your build thread and man you did alot of work to get this tank going! I have to check this beast out and perhaps you can help me with plumbing ideas for my 120. Thanks Galvin

hey your welcome to come over anytime to check my tank out. there was alot of work to set this tank up. i think that is my favorite part. the planning and doing part. i have no problem helping you with your pumbing. just let me know when.

hey your welcome to come over anytime to check my tank out. there was alot of work to set this tank up. i think that is my favorite part. the planning and doing part. i have no problem helping you with your pumbing. just let me know when.

Awesome man, I'll definitely contact you when its time to get my tank up and running. Thanks Galvin

Back