here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I figured as much. Chad is a very knowledgeable man when it comes to reefing. When I first joined RF, and had some plumbing issues, He was the first to volunteer to help me out. He drove to my house and Helped me with suggestions and actually getting up and running. We drank some beers and have been Friends ever since. John was still very young, He really looked up to Chad, And they have a relationship that is Crazy. John now looks at Chad like the Cool Uncle he doesn't have.

Time really does fly!!

hey Shane thank you for the kind words. i like your family alot. very good people. yes i am killing my rock. going to let it sit outside for a week or so. then i plan on putting it in 55 gallon drums. pouring some bleach in it and flushing it out many times over and over. after that i plan on putting a skimmer on it. i have done this before about two years ago. everything was just fine. ps Shane tell John and the wife hi for me. we need to get together and go out for a beer or two.

hood

oh boy what a long day. well i did get my hood all done today. got it painted and installed all the ceiling. here is a picture for you

Attachments

• new tank with hood.jpg
    new tank with hood.jpg
    38.7 KB
okay i need some help. why is it that when i post a picture. you have to click on it to see it. any help would be great.

Hello Chad,,haven't talk tp you for long time,,your new system 360 is looking great,,looks so conveince to get your hand in and out ,,wow it going t o be very nice ,,gotta stop by with my camera when it up and running ,,cheer buddy,,,,

Hey chad, idk about the picture deal, I'm not that technically sound.

Wow, your canopy looks SICK bro. This thing is Really coming together. I have to see it in person. Hopefully soon...keep the updated coming bro!!

Hello Chad,,haven't talk tp you for long time,,your new system 360 is looking great,,looks so conveince to get your hand in and out ,,wow it going t o be very nice ,,gotta stop by with my camera when it up and running ,,cheer buddy,,,,
Hey there Dang. ya it has been along time no talk. So how are you and the family. yes i do love the shallow reefs. very easy to get in and out of. well when the system is all up and running i would love for you to come by with that nice camera to take some really clear pictures. well it will be a month or so. i still have to plumb 3 closed loops, kill off and bleach my rock, and buff out the new tank. got some scratches with the move. talk to you soon. chad

so here is my update. i have killed off all my rock. my rock is in two 55 gallon drums. each drum has saltwater in it with a skimmer running. i have got almost all plumbing done. still need to plumb 1 or the 3 closed loops. i have started to buff out the tank. here are some pictures for you

Attachments

• IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    59 KB
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    61.3 KB
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    62.8 KB
Wow bud, with that little buffing wheel that looks like its gonn take a while...lol...

Keep up the good work and keep posting pics for us!!! :)

Very nice tank, Chad was showing me his tank last night when i came by for some of his coral. I like the tank a lot; hope able to see your tank in person when it up and fully running.
BTW, my wife like to coral a lot thanks.

I like the shallow reefs. Very eazy to clean. Also when you need to get a coral off the botton you dont have to go skin diven. Well I will post some pictures as nomercymike is buffing out the tank later this week.man I want this thing up and running

You are getting closer and closer.
The build is looking great.
Are you killing the rock or cycling it?
Makes the aquascaping easier if it is dead. IMO

You are getting closer and closer.
The build is looking great.
Are you killing the rock or cycling it?
Makes the aquascaping easier if it is dead. IMO
i killed the rock off. now im just skimming the heck out of it. waiting to get this thing buffed out.

chad you crazy son of a gun!!!

BTW Im thinking about getting back in the hobby...

yes i am. this is the tank of my dreams. i have wanted to build a 4 foot by 8 foot tank for about 5 years. this one fell into my lap and couldn't pass it up. well Matt when you get back in. you know who to come see to get some coral. good talking to you. hows the family

we are very good! I'm living in vancouver wa now but will definitely come see you when i have a tank set up.. it is just a thought as of now...

Back