here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well worth the price tag from everything I have read by reefers that have an Apex up and running!

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

Well worth the price tag from everything I have read by reefers that have an Apex up and running!

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

yah me too. super cool controller. i really didn't think about it when i ordered it. i need a temp and ph probe holder. so i ordered one and waiting for it to get. i haven't hooked up my probes yet. they say you shouldn't get the tops of them wet. also have to buy another energy bar 8. in time i would like to add to it. i would like to get a breakout box.

Nice clean install on your apex. I finally made a probe holder for my 210 after six years. I cant (wont) open and install my apex until Christmas day but I did grab my Orp probe and hooked it up to my AC III.

I'm glad you are setting up all the internet now, so in two weeks I can PM you and you can walk me through the trouble spots.

well thanks. it could be even cleaner. i went back and zip tied all the wires together. looks even better. here is a new picture. i watched a lot of youtube videos. so people had wires hanging every were. it wasn't too hard to hook up. i did call support one time. still need to call them one more time to get my widget on my phone to work. every time i try to install it. it says no apex configured.i wish the temp and ph probes were longer.

so i got another new toy. i ordered a new webcam so i can look at my fish tank while im away from home. it will be nice to have. when i do go to work i work 12 hours. i think it will be fun and also have a piece of mind that i can look on my cell phone and know that my tank is doing just fine. this webcam is in hd. you can pan it left and right and up and down. i love technoligy

so the last few weeks i have been working on my tanks. so the first thing i did was my water change station. i drilled the bottom side of both my drums. put bulk heads and ball valves in both. ran them together and put a mag drive pump in the middle of them. then ran a pipe about 24 inches to another bulk head. so when i want to mix water. i have also put a automatic shutoff solenoid valve onto my reverse osmosis. from my mixing drum i ran a 1 inch flex hose under a rug to my sump on the 360 tank. i put a mag drive 9.5 in that sump and ran it also under the rug to my sump in the 160 gallon. then i hooked up a amp master 3000 outside of that sump and drilled a 1 1/4 hole in the side of the house to pump out water to do my water changes. water changes will be done super fast now. wooooo hooooo.

i ordered my two sicce 1000 replacement pumps for my skimmer. i got them and installed them. my skimmer is kicking butt now

i added two jebao wp-40's. these pumps are so cool. if you don't have one you should check them out. puts a really cool wave in the tank

picked up this used 120 watt uv steralizer. didn't know if it worked or not. got it for a steel of a deal for $25. all it needs is new bulbs. i know its a little over kill, but for the price. i could not pass it up. when i got home and looked up the price. wow they want $1,259.00 for it new.

What skimmer did you put the new pumps on?

i put them on the swc 250 skimmer. they had the old sicce 2500's. i couldn't turn them off when i did a water change. when i turned them off they had the hard start problem. took 1/2 hour of flicking them and taking them apart. replaced them with the new 1000's. works great.

i put them on the swc 250 skimmer. they had the old sicce 2500's. i couldn't turn them off when i did a water change. when i turned them off they had the hard start problem. took 1/2 hour of flicking them and taking them apart. replaced them with the new 1000's. works great.

Same exact problem and cure for my Bubble Master 250

Back