Here we go! 336 gal acrylic tank with CL-Suggestions Plse

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK. I didn't read carefully enough when you talked about adding something flexible. I thought you had added a short length of spaflex.

The caution about the stainless hose-clamp bands remains. The first one to rust-out will be the one in back that you don't normally see, And it will start rusting on the bottom where it is hidden by the pipe.

Murphy sat in on one of my classes ...

The way the pump is plumbed & the way the plumbing goes into the back of the tank I'd yank out and redo, & relocate. I see nothing but problems IMO

I'll keep an eye on them and if or when I change out the wet end of that pump or change pumps I will get rid of them.

I hope to be able to get the water warmed up here soon as when I get the fine powder filtered of the top of that sand it will be ready to start pumping down the 180 into this one and moving the LR and livestock. That sand looks pretty good and it was inexpensive but it sure had a lot of concrete like powder in it. It is just about where I want it. I have those supports for the LR in the center and when all that is moved I will transfer all the substrate onto the top of the new stuff and we should be in good shape. I still need about 170 gallons to fill the new tank so I should be at just the right place to be able to use all of the seasoned water in the other system and hopefully keep the cycle to a minimum.

Need to get this finished so I can get the rest of the family room painted and then probably have to do it again as we are not quite happy with the color. A little too brown for our tastes. My wife will redden the color up a bit with the next coat.

Les

Les nice to see the progress, I think I will be getting my stand for my 120 this weekend. So I will have some updates for you soon, once you get it running we will have to stop by again. I can also make up some extra water if you need it, I think I got a 32g brute and I am just down the street.

Hey tmerrick. Good to see you in here. I may call for help one of these days.

Scooter === If I have problems down the road then you can all tell me I told you so. LOL Some of the pump plumbing was already glued together as I bought the pump used and for economics I wanted to use as much as I possibly could. I also needed to keep space above the pump and plumbing open as I plan on mounting the chiller in that area above all that. When we reloacate I will definately plan on having the back of the tank accessable through the wall with a small room behind for all the equipment. Just not doable in this location. That's where I'm at (right or wrong) presently. I've been wrong before, sometimes I think Murphy is my middle name.

I thought you had mentioned that you would be moving again soon & that is why your just setting it up, I can understand that. I think that is why I didn't say anything earlier but being comments wee being made:p I thought I'd throw in some more to feed the fire!;)

Thanks. If I had my druthers and the extra funds to spend I would set up an MBV now. But unfortunatly that is not an option at the present time so I am doing with what I have. I'm even running out of tradin stock. But that's ok, we are having fun with it and learning a bunch. That's what it is all about.

Well, here's the latest part made for the tank, the intake strainer. Can't use it until the water level is high enough to cover both intakes so it will have to wait. I do have the tank over half full now of salt water so it won't be long.

I also got the leak fixed on the Dolphin CL pump ( I hope ). I ran it for a while tonight and created a lot of microbubbles from the low water level but the oring seemed to hold now and didn't drip. :razz: :) :eek2:

Here's the pics of the strainers.

Later,
Les

P1010010.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Here's some new pics. One with flash and one without. CL is now running continuosly. We will see how it does overnight. I think I will take the cartridge filter out tomorrow. It has done it's job.

;)

P1010012.jpg

P1010011.jpg

:lol: Looks like I've got the pump leak fixed as everything was still running fine this morning. I did get up at 3am to make sure that all was well.

WooHoo!!:shock:

My wife just discovered last night that our Purple Anemone split off a section that is about 2 to 3 inches across. Maroon Clown wants to host that one too.

Well, tonight is the night. We are going to start the migration process soon as I get home from work. I have a friend available who is about 6'6" tall with long arms to help me get things set up. Pics later.

Back