High Nitrates..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish,

The tank has been up for about 1-1/2 yrs. It's a BB tank with about 65-70LBS of LR that I blow of with a turkey baster a couple times a week. The rock is supported off the bottom of the tank with arcylic rods placed into a peg board piece of acrylic. My return from the sump is into a spray bar located under the rock.

I have approx 4500 GPH or flow in the tank.

I'm leading towards testing error right now, But i need to rule that out. I think I might take some water do to another LFS in my area and see what they test. Of course this won't really mater all that much if they're not using salifert. It will only provide the results based on the test they use. Which is who knows how accurate. :)

Have you cleaned you equip? If dirty this would make sense....

Welcome to RF Mellowhead.

Yeah, I've cleaned all the equipment is cleaned. I think I actually found the issue on a tip from someone. I neglected to clean my overflow box. Since I've cleaned that, my nitrates have taken a down turn.

Thanks for the comment though and hope you enjoy it up here.

Well my nitrates are on the way out. I just did another water change yesterday and now I'm down to 5ppm. :p. This is starting to look good. One more water change and it should be almost all but gone.

Now I need to post a sign to that reads, "clean your overflow" and post it under the stand. :D

Glad to see your got it licked! I can honestly say, I overlook my overflows too.

Sounds great James! I've already got it made up in my mind that I will have to vaccum out the back compartment of my aquapod periodically when I get it:)

Back