Holy RTN Batman!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyTemple

So last weekend I lost pretty much all of my caps. I have no idea WHAT has caused it. Most of these colonies have been thriving in my tank for 2+ years. I'm attaching photos to show what's happened. What i find particularily odd is that none of my other corals seem to be impacted. LPS and SPS are in good shape. I did a partial water change and will be doing another one this weekend. Just kinda want to show the carnage!

Any color that you can see was pretty much gone the next day when I dug in to try to stem the problem. I've lost entire stock. Sigh, the ebbs and flows of tanks. I just wish I had pictures of them in their glories - My large Orange cap was really pretty.

Our LFS here in Nashville, TN lost their stock a few weeks back. This particular tank was their show tank and just all of a sudden it started to bleach and then was gone. They left it in there and for some reason quite a few polyps are still hanging on. It was orange and had been glued to the glass for umphteen years. Sorry for your loss.

frrag frag....

Ive saved a few when thathappens...
something caused it... levels or chemical...
i doubt chemical, levels proably... but its not 2 late.. if its not 100% white you can save it..

alk MAg and CA... dont forget the Calcium

thanks guys- yeah, I fragged my heart out, but in the end I only saved maybe a bit of one of the colonies, the rest were too far gone - the good news is that I gave a bunch of frags away last month so I should be able to re-seed once things are normalized. :) Incentive for sharing eh?!

It's intriguing how the RTN started in the center of most of them.... Like something settled in the low flow areas and started a chain reaction? :confused:

When you're ready let me know. I have a piece of purple monti to help you get started again.

Back