How to get to 50

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this thread and your complaint in general a little bit ironic since you don't follow the rule of law while driving? Breaking said rule while driving can/will affect lives and the rule you are complaining about here will have NO bearing on lives what so ever. :mad:

Yes... Thank you.. Thank you.. Some one just bit the hook. The law is about talking and texting while driving... Not viewing.. But I am not following the intent of the law. You are right... Just like the intent of the post rule... And no I only read while waiting to be loaded and unloaded

315 post... Well good for you... I see now..post count does matter... That must make you a very smart person. One day I hope to be like you. You are now my roll model. The more post the more knowledge. Reading has nothing to do with learning.:cry:

hold on... I can now post "nice pics" 300 times to pass you up:p

I'm not trying to start a fight or be rude.

It's not about your 125 posts or my 300 it's about the 50 needed for full privileges on these forums. My point is that at your average post rate it would have taken you nearly 6 months to reach the minimum. That seems like a long time.

The reason I come to Reef Frontiers often is due to its sense of community. I think that a few comments like nice pics and I like your build are fine especially for the new people trying to join/ fit into this great community. When someone takes a full tank shot or a macro picture of a Zoa it's ok to compliment it. The visual is the begining of this hobby for most of us. Not to mention that there where already a lot of "nice pics" and "I like your build" posts before the rule was implemented.:)

Jason

Yes... Thank you.. Thank you.. Some one just bit the hook. The law is about talking and texting while driving... Not viewing.. But I am not following the intent of the law. You are right... Just like the intent of the post rule... And no I only read while waiting to be loaded and unloaded

You be surprise what else I can do while driving. Just never cut in front of me at the last second....80,000 lbs kills very fast and little cars are just a speed bump....

It's just hard to take what you say srsly when you contradict yourself. I guess you think your comment in the second quote was funny too?

You really need to read the laws as they're written *lol* No texting, reading, using a wireless calling device and must be hands free.

RCW 46.61.668 AND you should also know that Washington will be enacting tougher laws similar to that of California. Washington Senate Bill 6345

Handheld Cell Phones: 6 states (Calif., Conn., N.J., N.Y., Ore. and Wash.), D.C. and the Virgin Islands prohibit all drivers from using handheld cell phones while driving. Except for Washington, these laws are primary enforcement—an officer may cite a driver for using a handheld cell phone without any other traffic offense taking place. Soon it will be a primary offense here in this state.

Back to the subject at hand, REEFKEEPING!!!

You really need to read the laws as they're written *lol* No texting, reading, using a wireless calling device and must be hands free.

RCW 46.61.668 AND you should also know that Washington will be enacting tougher laws similar to that of California. Washington Senate Bill 6345

Back to the subject at hand, REEFKEEPING!!!

Reffing and reefing are not synonymous? (I kid...I kid) :D

I.......

By the way, With my old account and 0 posts on Reef Central I am not able to see the Buy/Sell forum. Did this go away or is it just not visible until I build a post count?

RC will block access to all new memebers to the buy/sell forum until they reached and satisfied thier probation period. You can't even look at the threads! They are also able to prevent you from PM'ing anyone except a mod. So the new rule here is very lenient. Not to mention that you can still view the buy/sell threads here and still PM without restrictions.

On a side note. To me I can care less what the next person is doing as long as it isn't putting lives in danger. People are to worried/nosy about what the next guy is doing rather than working on what they can do to make themselves better. I say live your life and don't worry so much about what others are doing as much. There is already enough pressure in our own personal life. So there shouldn't be a need to add any undue pressure/stress by worrying what your neighbor is doing.

RC will block access to all new memebers to the buy/sell forum until they reached and satisfied thier probation period. You can't even look at the threads! They are also able to prevent you from PM'ing anyone except a mod. So the new rule here is very lenient. Not to mention that you can still view the buy/sell threads here and still PM without restrictions.

I think this is something that RF staff should do here. That would probably end these stupid drawn out topics on Why can't I buy or sell stuff etc...etc.

I propose either the 50 contributing posts AND 30 days with no pm until probationary period is over.
OR
A single 90 day probationary period, but allow people to send/receive pm.

The other problem is that I am yet to encounter something that is not in the archives. With the search button right up there I have more than I can use.

This is exactly how I feel. I have put up posts asking for advise or help but most of all I look in the archives. So I am guessing it would be better to just post your question instead of use the search? Maybe to bring up old threads?:confused: I have tons of questions so if I post all of them am I going to get dogged for posting too man questions? Were do we draw the line?

I don't feel PMs need to be restricted. Just having the buy/sell forums NOT visible, until members meet a minimum requirement, would solve the problem. If they aren't visible, you don't know what to PM about, or who to PM...lol.

Kmeans, ask away!! Just try to ask your questions in the appropriate forums. We're all here to help, or at least I would hope so!!

I just want to post on here to see what my post count was so I could compare it to Adam's.

Holy crap he is alive!!!!! How are you Charlie? Show them how to get your post count up Charlie. You are one of the pioneers of post counts :lol::lol::lol:.

Holy crap he is alive!!!!! How are you Charlie? Show them how to get your post count up Charlie. You are one of the pioneers of post counts :lol::lol::lol:.

Yeah Roscoe, I am still alive. If you want to increase your d*** post count, just get active and ask questions. I don't give a rats a** about selling stuff here or anywhere, if you don't feel adequate enuf to ask a question, then maybe this hobby ain't for you. I think I have been around here long enuf to voice that opinion:D

Nice tank.

Great pics.

Great pics and nice tank.

Come on down folks...

How am I doing roscoe????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back