I need TV advice Please!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Shallowreef - did you get your new cable yesterday? what cables did you use to hook it up to your new TV?

Sorry i haven't check this thread lately. I did get my cable setup last week and what a job that was. The cable company had to run a new line to the house and it was such a pain in the a$$! Once they were done though it was awesome. We have between 20-30 HD channels i think. I know its more than 15. I will have to count and get back to you. The cables they used are unkown to me. I've never seen them before but its like 3 or 4 cables stuck together to make like a band and it plugs into the back of the TV. Yesterday we watched an awesome documentary titled " The Deep Blue". Narrarated by Pierce Brosnan and it was spectacular. They did a coral reef and i was so real looking it was just awesome i highly reccomend you watch it.

All in all i love my new TV.

The cables they used are unkown to me. I've never seen them before but its like 3 or 4 cables stuck together to make like a band and it plugs into the back of the TV.
does a HDMI cable sound right for this one? that is the high def connector.

Sounds like a component cable..... an HDMI would not look like a bunch of cables stuck together. It's only a single cable.

I had to change out my cable box to one that had HDMI. It seems like they just normally give you the crappy component cables.

Oaky i looked at the back of the cable box and they are like banana plugs i don't know if that helps or not. Also we have 23 HD channels.

Back