Ichthys 150 Reef Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Air pump for skimmer
013_zpsbac4dc00.jpg

and a shot just because i was dying to get the skimmer wet.

007_zps6385d524.jpg

Looks like the holes in the lid were right. I thought you were going to mount the lights with a bracket?
Like the skimmer lid shot.
Your elbow should be here by Thursday.

Looks like the holes in the lid were right. I thought you were going to mount the lights with a bracket?
Like the skimmer lid shot.
Your elbow should be here by Thursday.

I am mounting with bracket, just clipped those on so i could lower them into hole and make sure it fit. :) I am having an issue though, the new style LED fixture has this really silly stud coming out the top for mounting rather than the old style post. So my aluminum channel wont work it is to narrow. see pic..
Thanks for elbow.
016_zpsc65eccdf.jpg

017_zps2b55196a.jpg

Called BR to ask if i could open case to replace these studs with a smaller diameter that will fit my channel and they said it will void my warranty. Have a PM into Cy for an appeal...

Last edited:
Your build is starting to come together real nice now. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the tank being wet.

With the help of Peppies world famous fab shop I got some channel cut and drilled and got the lights mounted inside the canopy. Now its time for the unveiling, remember back in the beginning I said this was not your plain jane stand and canopy, well here she is.

007_zpsc5adbf89.jpg

010_zpsbbdee95c.jpg

005_zps1e087642.jpg

Cant say I have ever seen one just like that.
Very nice touch on the canopy door inserts.
I have a saying I sometimes use regarding m work.

If I am going to take the time, I am going to make it mine.

Great job.

Hey Danny your PM box is full

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

Well today I got some rock and sand in. Half the rock is dead, it was bleached, rinsed, pressure washed, rinsed, sokaded in rodi and changed water every 2 weeks for 3 months. The other half was cooked in warm saltwater in the dark and changed water every two weeks, so it is what i think people call cured or cooked rock, still has the beneficial bacteria and stuff.
Rockwork 1.0
rockwork001_zps2ae75df7.jpg

rockwork002_zpsa4d93b68.jpg

I used a photo stitching program to get this shot, you can tell where i stitched the photos together, did it kinda quick
1_stitch_zpse9b9645b.jpg

How's come you can place rock and sand in your tank , and the same day take a picture of a non-cloudy tank?

Oh, now I see. there is no sand in the pics above. You snapped them before you added the sand.

Last edited:
How's come you can place rock and sand in your tank , and the same day take a picture of a non-cloudy tank?

Oh, now I see. there is no sand in the pics above. You snapped them before you added the sand.

Yep. Didnt see the point of posting pic after adding sand, but since you asked, here ya go.
Minnesota-blizzard.jpeg

Don't worry. My royalties are relatively affordable. I will PM you my paypal info so you can make your first deposit for these pictures :)

It was great seeing this aquarium in person yesterday afternoon. As always the pictures, as nice as they are, just don't do it justice. It's a very well thought out system and what an impressive footboard to your bed.

Back