ID Help, GOT PICTURE

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Boomer, is it possible a sponge grew ontop of whatever this is? Let me know if you want me to PM LeslieH....

Blurry? That ain't right dude. :lol: That's not a bad pic shooting through plastic at an angle. Much better than I could do myself.

I doubt it is a sponge growing on top of something else. I don't see any kind of separation that would suggest two different organisms. BUT, I will get it back today and check it out again.

No it is not that bad you did good.

Nope Nikki I do not think so. All I can say is that looks like a sponge siphon. If I have a few drinks and shoot for the stars maybe a Ascidian :lol:

Dr

Where did this come from ? Did I miss something ?

That's a good picture,Well several sea slugs have evolved.
It looks like a Phylum Phoronida.

As it makes no sense to me. Phoronida, Horeshoe Worms, are a Lophohorate related to Bryozoans. Kind'a or often mis-ID as small duster worms.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=horseshoe worms&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Yes Boomer your right,
That is what happens when a person is up to late in Bakersfield:p But lets call it a Doriopsis Pecten Dorididae.:rolleyes:

Yes Mike it has moved but he has not seen it move. The issue is how did it attach itself to the side if it is a sponge or Ascidian.

It has moved but when I get it back, I will mark the container. Understand that when I popped it inside, it fell to the bottom and has worked its way to the current position.

Sheesh - I get back from the grocery store and I miss all the fun! Didn't even get a chance to PM Leslie. Can't wait to see what she thinks.

Easy boys, I was just trying to think outside the box by wondering if something was growing on it lolol ;) :D. I could have just said...I think it's the Darth Vader Brain snail-sponge type thing :D :lol:

Let's get some more drinks in Boomer! :D

Its obviously evil and different. It must be destroyed by holy water and silver....

On a side note, my first thought was sponge of some sort as well due to the siphon. The "feces" could be caused by something inside it?

Nick

It has moved ...it fell to the bottom and has worked its way to the current position.

its_alive-fstn-721852.jpg

IT'S ALIVE!!!
Run for the hills, it's The incredible crawling sucking pooping solitary tunicate.

nope. No GAC. There was nothing in the bottle but clean tank water for over a month. No snails either. I have been contemplating a microscope for some time but still don't have it. :(

And I know what you mean because in the last picture you posted I see what looks like a baby rabbit! :eek:

Back