I'll Be a Dad in 8 Weeks!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

7 weeks to go!!!! we got most of the baby room set up today.. i am still trying to get the extra tanks broken down and put somewhere else

pics pics pics !!!:D
i always enjoy looking at baby rooms :D, i've been thinking about painting a spiderman for my son or may be my little ponys all over for the little one ( ..the girl :lol: )

you don't want pics yet!!! the room is a disaster and my tanks look like some sort of science project!! when i get the tanks out and the rest of the room set up, i will get some pics!!

you don't want pics yet!!! the room is a disaster and my tanks look like some sort of science project!! when i get the tanks out and the rest of the room set up, i will get some pics!!

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: sounds good :D

Must be tough in your condition. :)
pregnant-man_49.jpg

Ron,

Congrats !! I am soooo happy for you and your wife.

I'm a father of 3 (2 girls and 1 boy who is a special needs kid), and the feeling of becoming a new parent is the most exhilarating experience one can experience. However, with that said, the first 3 months will be the toughest. Be prepared to be sleep deprived.

A tip that was given to me when my first child was born, was this: When your child sleep, you sleep. Sounds simple, but especially with our son, this was true.

Again, congrats
Kirk

Must be tough in your condition.

LMAO!!! :lol: that's a good pic :D .

i agree with Kirk, when the baby sleeps you sleep :D especially since you're just having one :p because when the second one comes.....forget about that rule :lol: :D .
ohh yeah and the first one it's always the rat lab :lol: .

thanks guys!! there will be pics of the baby room shortly.. my new tank is almost up completely.. i can get the old tanks out of the baby room within a few days

because when the second one comes.
let's not jump the gun here Gabs!!!!!!! i am good with only one!!!!

You know the sound of the tank & the actinic lights from your aquarium could be soothing for the baby and help your baby sleep at night. It also would give you something to watch at night when you are half asleep feeding the baby. You could have some great ideas and thoughts in the middle of the night about your next aquarium adventure.

let's not jump the gun here Gabs!!!!!!! i am good with only one!!!!

LMAO!!! :lol: we all say that at some point :shock::lol: :lol:.

you know once the baby starts walking you gotta watch the baby not to dump anything in the sump :lol:...specially a breast milk bottle :shock::lol:

there will be VERY strict rules about what the baby can touch!!!!hopefully he won't have to get spanked:D... i am hoping he will be a fast learner.. i may put on some of those cabinet locks for babies !!!

Ron,

You might as well go ahead and buy the baby zip locks for all of your doors now. It is not a question on if he is going to find himself inside your tank, it is a question of WHEN.

usually you really really have to worry when they're about 8-9 months or whenever babies start crawling :p.

and remember all your tangs are Doris no matter what you say :lol::lol:

I believe that would be Dory, not Doris. :D

ah yes, 8-9 months is about when the teething and drooling starts. Baby first teeth should be coming in then. :)

My daughter decided to feed the fish one day and put an entire bottle of flake food in the tank. I had to do a 100% water change and start from scratch. Not very happy I now keep the food out of reach. I learned my lesson

i'm hoping my tank will be out of reach for any little ones!! i have a canopy that no small kid could open and i will put door locks on te cabinet doors.. hopefully i will learn some tricks from others mistakes...Gaby, my fish are not old ladies!!! Doris????:confused: come on, really!!!...just kidding.. all the hippo's will be just fine!!

LMAO!!! :lol: sorry, but yes Dorys :lol: .

My daughter decided to feed the fish one day and put an entire bottle of flake food in the tank. I had to do a 100% water change and start from scratch. Not very happy I now keep the food out of reach. I learned my lesson

ouch dood, yeah my little hmmm.....let's just say that she loves the tank and so she dumps food in there because she loves to feed :lol: ......so hot dogs, bottle, goldfish crakers (they look fishes :rolleyes:), blocks and rubber duckys :lol: :rolleyes:

Back