I'm back...34g solana rimless cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That rockwork is sweet!!!! :D Don't worry about the silicone job man...Soon enough you will forget it is even there :)

Ok I got the refugium going finally! It took me at least 2-3 hrs just to get it working correctly. Is that normal? I kept losing water or gaining water it was so frustrating!:mad: Anyway it's working great and suprisingly very quiet. I just need to add some l/r and cheato and a cheap light over the top. Anything else you guys think I should add?

Thanks,

Jayson

p_90161filamented_flasher.jpg

:)

That rockwork is sweet!!!! :D Don't worry about the silicone job man...Soon enough you will forget it is even there :)

Thanks I can't wait to finally add some corals and fish...:) I noticed I also had a couple of tiny leaks in the silicon but there so small it doesn't matter.

Skimmer will be here Thursday or Friday and I decided to go w/ the Tunze 9005 model thanks to ryannat1!:) So I will have the tunze in the sump and the skimmer that came w/ the solana. So now filtration is done. :)

Test results as follows...

NH4 0ppm
NH2 0ppm
NH3 less than 5ppm
PO4 less than 0.05ppm
PH 8.3
ALK, CAL, MAG will test before I add corals.

Well I think I'm good to go and can now add fish:D I've narrowed down my fish list to the following.

1. Fourline, Christmas or Radiant Wrasse
2. Falco Hawkfish
3. Black and White Ocellaris clown
4. Yasa Hase Goby w/ candycane pistol
5. Another Goby or Mandarin when the tank matures a bit more.

Added two fish today...a fourline wrasse and a Falco hawkfish. Also added three shrimp a blood, cb, and a cleaner. As well as some scarlet hermits and snails. I'll try and get some pics later today.

Last edited:
Great looking tank. Your aquascaping is done so nicely its hard not to like it. Keep an eye on your four line wrasse. They have a reputaion of being quite territorial and aggressive. In your case, the whole tank. I just stripped down my whole 120 to removed mine and put it in frag tank prison because it is a murderer. Fortunately for it, most reefers dont believe in the death penalty.

Good luck.

Great looking tank. Your aquascaping is done so nicely its hard not to like it. Keep an eye on your four line wrasse. They have a reputaion of being quite territorial and aggressive. In your case, the whole tank. I just stripped down my whole 120 to removed mine and put it in frag tank prison because it is a murderer. Fortunately for it, most reefers dont believe in the death penalty.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice and I guess I should have done a bit more research on it before I put him in there. He is a very curious fish and attacked both the Hawk and cb shrimp when I put them in the tank. He's calmed down alot now and seems to be a model citizen (for the time being). I want to add a pair of clowns and a goby or 3 small chromis and a goby. What do you think? Which fish would you add?

Thanks again!

Jayson

Back