In sump skimmer ideas?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NanaReefer

Possibly looking for an in sump skimmer to replace my RO BH-1000. Who wants a skimmer hanging on the DT when they now have a sump right?!
Anyways...must be rated for up to 100g. FP no larger then 7"x11"X16"H

I thought the Bubble Magus Curve 5 might have been a possible candidate but it's too tall.

I'm trying to give myself comfortable room for cup removal :) 17 maybe 18" would be close. The Curve 5 requires 9.5" of water and I've only got 8" But the NWB 110 Classic 4 looks promising :) Has a drain so height wouldn't be an issue and only needs 6-7.75" water depth.

But the NWB 110 Classic 4 looks promising :) Has a drain so height wouldn't be an issue and only needs 6-7.75" water depth.

It's 19-3/4" tall.

The cup needs to be taken off weekly ( or more) to clean the neck.
Once crude starts to build up on the neck, skimming function goes down hill.

Curve5 would work imo.
Maybe swc120...
Wat about external with internal pump. U would see a lil plumbing prob.

D

Yes I am attached to it...I just bought it!! Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397525900.271010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

It looks pretty tall.
Anyway to re-arrange the shelf/floor in side?

Finding a "good" skimmer that short is going to be very tough.

My water level is only going to be 8" That one needs at least 9".
There is no shelf under the stand, just my sump. From the bottom of sump to the top of the stand is 26". I need room though to remove the cup for cleaning. So maybe I could go with something around 19".

My water level is only going to be 8" That one needs at least 9".
There is no shelf under the stand, just my sump. From the bottom of sump to the top of the stand is 26". I need room though to remove the cup for cleaning. So maybe I could go with something around 19".

My SSA skimmer only needs about 1/2" to lift it up and off the skimmer body.
Many are like that.

Yes that's the reccomended water level. Both skimmers have a valve that can lower and increase the water level inside the skimmer body.
Only thing I liked about the swc was u could adjust air intake.
When I ran my curve5. I had to get a stand to raise it up. Fyi
D

I use to be a SWC fan, but lately it seems difficult to get parts or even support from SWC.
I'd heard they had some issues.

how about a sump outside of the stand. you can put your skimmer in. just a idea. with only 16 inches under your stand. it doesn't leave you with much room.

Back