In sump skimmer ideas?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Maybe I could mod my BH-1000 to work on/in the sump. BRS says the pump is submersible. I can't hang it on the sump as the tank is only 12" high and the skimmer needs 15" to hang.

Reeferman that was why I was reccomending the external skimmer
Mfinn. I know! I think I caught swc at the very tail end.
Been waiting on an order for awhile. Said he was in bali till the 19th....a month ago.
D

It's for a 65g and mines a 40B how is it to small? The foot print is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

I do understand the footprint is perfect, and I know you mention that budget word. lol

The manufacture says it's good up to 65 gallons. They usually tend to inflate the claim.

Just looking for the best possible skimmer for you.

I do understand the footprint is perfect, and I know you mention that budget word. lol

The manufacture says it's good up to 65 gallons. They usually tend to inflate the claim.

Just looking for the best possible skimmer for you.

I guess the price tag may have blinded me a bit :) Thank you for looking out for me :)

I guess the price tag may have blinded me a bit :) Thank you for looking out for me :)

It may be your best option.

I'm still not quite sure exactly how much room there actually is under the stand.
Top to bottom, how much exactly?

I thought I'd need room for cup removal :) I didn't say I know what I was doing ya know!! Lmao :)

With most skimmers these days about a 1/2" is all that is required to remove a skimmer cup.
It's nice to have a little more.

That sca 301 will certainly work and it is easy on the budget. ( It's really easy to spend someone else's money)
Most of the ones I suggested are considerably more expensive.
They are suppose to be pretty good skimmers.

Back