In Wall - going for it! - seeking your ideas/feedback/advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow nice progress Ben! Lookin good! Are you happy with the flow? I checked out the video but its kinda hard to see the "flow" :rolleyes: We need some bubbles or some flake food floatin around in there. I like the idea of splittin the closed loop to do have semi-fixed and the rest chaotic. I think I might do that too if I ever get my project rollin here.

P.S. Just tonight when cleaning the tank, I noticed the coral I got from you last mini-swap(purple tipped nana) had a hithiking green monti with it! It must have been only a speck when I got it because now its about the size of a nickle. Was facing the back side of the tankt hough so I never noticed it before. Thanks for the combo pack =)

Nice Jesse. So far, I'm really happy with the flow, however the true test will be how the corals like it. I'll know more and report back as time progresses. I'm actually loosing a lot of corals in my holding tanks right now, so I'm pretty eager to get the new tank up fully. The last component should be the lighitng rack ;-)

It all looks awesome, Ben. Love that lighting rack.

Thanks Jan. I can officially say I put my "blood, sweat, and tears" into that one, so I'm glad you like it. I really like it too. I can't wait till it's clear coated, hung, and in place.

letme guess, the dry bar was for your wife?? she gets a piece of furniture, you get a fish tank and all is happy in the world ? :D

letme guess, the dry bar was for your wife?? she gets a piece of furniture, you get a fish tank and all is happy in the world ? :D
I offered to build a custom wet bar (for a nominal fee, of course) with sink, wine cooler and granite counters, but Bens tank broke the bank. I guess we'll have to settle for "dry bar" drinks at the up and coming tank warming Bar-b-que.:razz:

Hey,

I know the feeling about breaking the bank. I went over budget on my 375g tank, but Jason's tank are worth every penny.

Glad to see the plan "Coming Together" Hannibal.:D I'm not going to say I told you so about the starboard. And those Pita rock stilts.:rolleyes: :) On to the important stuff..........So when is the barbecue/Tank christening/ Dry bar emptying swareee ???? Hey you really have done a huge amount of work in not a whole lot of time......Congrats Ben!
Scott

Thanks guys. The b-bque is a must and you're all invited!!! I just need to figure out a good time. It's likely to be a 3-4 weeks out b/c I still need to get my lighting rack back from clear coating/anodizing and I still have some tweaking to do before it's totally presentable.

I dropped the lighting rack of at Ken's place (Kendog261) yesterday for the clear coating/anodizing and we think it'll be about 2 weeks turnaround. Thanks again for taking care of me Ken :)

Also, the temporary holding buckets just weren't cutting it. I'm not sure why, but I lost a mandarin and 18 frags over the course of the week (ouch, that stings a bit). So last night, i jimmied up a makeshift lighting rack out of pink twine and added all of the tank inhibatants. Of course it's sooner than I would've liked, but I figured it was better than the alternative...

Here are some more pics:

There are so many uses for pink twine :p
841356328_f2d2444b22.jpg

back corner:
841356256_830967f5f8.jpg

front side left:
841356166_793e77ee1e.jpg

front side right:
841356202_c211a34ace.jpg

I'm happy to report, everyone is looking healthy, eating naturally with no signs of stress at the moment!

Looks sweet Dude!
I am a little nervous about the twine holding up a major electrical over that beautiful tank but you did an awesome job!
Wish i could come to the bbq but the trip is a little to far for me. :) Have fun though!

So why did you choose anodized say vs. powder coating? Why is the turn around two weeks out? I'm assuming it's being thrown in with other parts to cut down on cost so that would make sense. :)

Nice pics! Put me down for the bbq!

BTW what did you do to secure your rock structures? Are your islands mostly hollow?

Peace

Back