In Wall - going for it! - seeking your ideas/feedback/advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Jesse,
All is well, really well actually - how about with you my man? I realize a good chunk of time has happened since I last provided an update, but things have remained fairly stable (well as stable as they can be), but I did make a couple big changes:

1) my clown fish started laying babies
2) I reaquascaped and injured myself in the process
3) I upgraded to 400w ballast with 20k helios bulbs

Yesterday I was so lucky to catch the clowns laying the eggs. In typical dorky fashion I created a little video. Enjoy!!!!
:D:D:D:D

OH AND DONT FORGET TO TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!! :D

And here are some pics of the reaquascaping. Not all of the corals are back in yet, but you get the idea...

it's an L shape that curves from the front left to the back right. it also has an island up in the front right.

2706942508_044e6dea33_b.jpg

2706123911_663457f495_b.jpg

2706124211_43dcc89073_b.jpg

2706124667_4658abd3c0_b.jpg

*jaw hits the floor*

Good work my man! I see atleast 3 new awesome looking fish in there! Did the new 20k lighting help put your clowns int he mood? ;) Looking real good!

The tank is looking great Ben, tons of new growth from when I was there last fall. And I see some new fish as well.

Thanks all for the nice comments- much appreciated.

Gill (the Morish Idol) is a lot of fun. He's definately a tank favorite to new folks that come over. I've got him back in May from TomZ. Thanks again Tom. He eats nori soaked in selcon and other HUFAs and vitimans. he does nip at corals though, but I'm willing to put up with that b/c he's so beautiful. I've been trying get him to eat all types of frozen and dry food, but no luck. So my next adventure is to grow some live brine to see if I can whet his appetite to try something more diverse. He goes through 2 full sheets a day of Nori (the big sheets too, not the small ones):shock::shock::shock:

P.S. Did anyone watch my bump n grind video in post #1103? i figured at least someone would get a kick out of it. it was quite fascinating to see it go down, the moma's lady parts were extended and they were so into it.

I missed that video; thanks for pointing it out. Very cool!! :cool: :D

I love your new aquascaping and also that fantastic Moorish Idol. I can see why he's a visitor's favorite. :D

Way to go, Ben! And I'm also glad to see you're still able to type after nailing your thumb that way. Ouch!!! :eek:

Hi David & gang,

nothing too new to report. I've been trying and trying and trying to grow out my maroon clown eggs, but haven't had much yet. I'm not going to give up yet though... I have high hopes for this next batch.

I have picked up little things here and there for the tank, but my favorite is definatly this dendro I got. Man that that thing is just awesome!

My wife is pregnant with Twins, so it's been a little challenging to find time for the tank, but minus the red slime algae I've been fighting recently things seem to be going pretty well.

here are some updated shots I took this morning:

3056708684_041707daf9_b.jpg

3055874371_d78009e00d_b.jpg

3055876073_d87bd3a12e_b.jpg

3056713544_32e9426a40_b.jpg

3055879423_8c777593dc_b.jpg

Back