In Wall - going for it! - seeking your ideas/feedback/advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ben - your tank is looking amazing. Its been a while since i have seen it and it looks like a completely different tank. Nice job!

Is the clown still moving/knocking over corals or has it started to behave?

Oh and congrats on the twins!

Your tank has massively filled out, Ben! :shock: :D Looking very good, too. Love that moorish idol...he looks like such a bad boy. :lol:

YUUHHUU !!! CONGRATS ON THE TWINS DOOD !! :D .
1 little Ben is good but now 2 little Bens that's awesome dood :D....you gotta keep us updated with the babies :).
how far along is she? how are the morning sickness? is she showing belly yet? how's the nursery coming along :D? pics pics pics ok dood :) .
the tank looks amazing dood ...i love that powder blue :D

Ben,

I've been thinking about a blue powder tang for my tank, but concerned about ich. How are you able to keep it ich-free ??

did you get this fish locally or online ?

Kirk

Ben-
Your tank is looking great. Haven't seen it in awhile but it looks like it's growing out and filling out nicely. Those dendros are awesome. I was looking at those colonies but i didn't have the $$. Looking good.

OMG BEN!!! I've been catching up around here a bit and just read about your twins! I know this has been a long time coming and I'm so excited for the two of you. Is this the first time it's been mentioned?

!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Susie :D:D:D

OMG BEN!!! I've been catching up around here a bit and just read about your twins! I know this has been a long time coming and I'm so excited for the two of you. Is this the first time it's been mentioned?

!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Susie :D:D:D

Thanks Susie and others! Kelly and I are just so incredibly excited, I can't even put it into words. They are official due Feb 17, but more likely than not they'll come a bit early. A boy and a girl - Jacob and Isabella.

Gabs - here are some pics of the baby room for you. now how long do you think that closet will stay that organized?????:D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11603037@N00/sets/72157610023875597/

Steven - thanks man and yes big momma clown is still as aggressive as ever fighting off any foreign object that enters her area.

Jesse - thank you. Hope you are having better luck these days with your tank.

Jan - Gill is the badest of them all. He is such a bad boy he doesn't even need to intimidate the others at all. they all just know not to even mess with him. Thing that stinks is he does munch on coral. He's just so cool that I can put up with it.

Gabs - thx. Pics posted in link above and yes.. bad morning sickness. About 5 months of it at that. I felt so bad for her. she lost a decent amount of weight the first few months, but now she is putting it on quicker than ever.

Kirk - I got him locally in a trade. Honestly I just lucked out. i think the guy that had him before me did indeed to the fw dip. I did not. He was pretty agressive at first but has settled down a bit in his old age. I do think they are really nice fish. I just try to feed my fish a lot and they all seem healthy. I do 2 sheets of nori (the big one's) a day brushed with vitamins and fats. I do rods and homemade mixtures, live brine, and pellets andjust about everything else you can think of too to feed the smaller creatures below the fish (golden pearls, live rotifers). No wonder I have cyano right? :oops:

Mike - thanks. one of these days I need to make it over to see your new place and you should do the same for me.

Jeff- IMO even though they are ridiculously expensive, they are probably my favorite thing in the tank. GET ONE!!!!!! you won't regret it, I promise you.

Rick - thx my man. Your new tank is really looking sweet too.

Steve - Just finished up my second dose in a row of chemi-clean. I've also been taken a mj1200 to blow off the rocks and the sides a couple times. It seems to be helping, but I'm definately not cured yet. I'll keep trying here. Now I'm seeing the bubble algae start to creep back up - wish tI had seen that before BR had their big sale. Emeralds were like $3.50 I think. dangit.

Jayson - that clam is awesome. My clowns host it just like an anemone. They even lay eggs on it if I don't get the clay pot in there on time. :D All of the ORA frags seem to be doing well too. so far, so good. Also, there was a coral that I bought from you way back when... I have no idea what it is, but i've moved it towards the top of the tank and it has morphed into a really crazy looking coral. remind me next time your over to show it to you.

Ben,

thanks for the reply..and congrats on the twins..I had no idea...

my brother has twins, and they are alot of work..hopefully you have family in the area to help you out..but all the work is worth it...

congrats again..
Kirk

Congrats on the twins and the tank. I just lost 2 hours of my life to reading the whole thing and it was well worth it. Hope to see it in person some day....maybe on a tank tour?

the monti cap is growing like a weed!
VERY IMPRESIVE TANK that "GILL" is pretty!
He looks as if he's a "camera hound"
I'm gonna try one when I get me 125 up and runing!!
just worried about eating!

omg !!! that room is cute !!! :D ....but i'll give it a few years before it's all full of toys everywhere, food and what not :badgrin::eek::lol::lol:.
i hope both of you are getting enough sleep because be ready for not sleeping :D ....February is getting close :eek: .
how is your dog taking it?? don't forget to get him used to the baby :D:) .

Hi guys,
been a while since I've posted - the twins are doing great but are a LOT of work. They are awesome - both are putting on weight and are smiling and have even started cooing in the last couple of weeks. I can't wait till them start giggling.

The tank seems to be going fine although I have been lacking on maintanence lately. I lost a few LPS (an elegance & a few modern corals) but most all of my acros are doing really nice and growing fast. My brother came into town last weekend and the two of us worked on a fun little project. a Frag tank re-do. Using egg crate, some Krylon spray paint, a couple 1/2" dowels, and some scrap acrylic from Tap Plastics we created a 2 level ampitheather look alike type rack. It's probably not the opitmal design for flow, but it's really good for viewing so we'll give it a try for a while and see how it goes.

Here are a couple pics:
3478297572_fc4de91613_b.jpg

3478297788_a57695e55c_b.jpg

3478298564_ab4912d122_b.jpg

3477491925_c63f905dd4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back