IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well all the holes are cleaned up. I need to vacuum the tank out. Still has sand and now a lot of silicone pieces in it.

I picked up that 47 gal tank that I am using for the sump. I think I have an idea for the refugium.
What do you all think about setting up this 54 gal corner tank right next to it and plumbing it into the same sump.

DSC05413.jpg

It currently has a lot of softies and macro algae in it.

DSC07188.jpg

Well the plan is to have it on a seperate return pump so I can keep it running when doing maint on the 180 and vice versa. There would be the return pump for the 180, return pump for the 54 and the closed loop pump. Sound like too many pumps?
I might be able to run both returns off of the one pump. Its an eheim 1262. There are two return lines on the 180. I think I will need another pump for the 54. I dont think the 1262 pump will handle three returns at 4.5' lift and still have good flow thru the sump.

Would you recommend one pump to run all three returns?

Well the plan is to have it on a seperate return pump so I can keep it running when doing maint on the 180 and vice versa. There would be the return pump for the 180, return pump for the 54 and the closed loop pump. Sound like too many pumps?
I might be able to run both returns off of the one pump. Its an eheim 1262. There are two return lines on the 180. I think I will need another pump for the 54. I dont think the 1262 pump will handle three returns at 4.5' lift and still have good flow thru the sump.

Would you recommend one pump to run all three returns?

I would keep the returns seperate! that way if a pump goes down, you still have 2 in operation

Well, I am getting a little more done. I was playing with the rock , setting it up this evening just to get some ideas. I am waiting for a couple more large pieces. I think I will get what I have in the tub this weekend and start cycling it.

The tank is cleaned out. I still need a couple pieces for the plumbing I think I will also take the doors off the stand and take the hardware off. I will replace the hardware with new. And I think I may get some plastic put down so I can start painting it.

It doesnt look as tall as it is. The big piece on the right at the highest point is 18" tall.

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have the rock, that I have, in the tub cycling. Since this pic I have added a couple pieces of live rock from one of my tanks and a t5 light.
It may take a while, but Thats okay. I still need to test the tank and repaint the stand. Pull the doors off and replace the hardware.

IMG_3144.jpg

Is that a tub in a tub? Looks as though you have room for twice that amount of rock.
How soon for the tank wet leak test?

Yeah, its a tub in the tub. Its the best place to put it where its out of the way. I believe there is 130lbs of rock in there and I am looking to get another 40-50 lbs. I have 20 lbs of rock, already cured and in a cycled tank with one of the fish that is going into the new tank, that will go into the sump to help cycle the tank.

Well the leak test will be the next weekend we have above 45 degree overnight weather and its not raining. I'll need to have someone help me move it outside and back in. There are a couple people within 15 miles that would come help, so it depends on if they are available to help take out. I can invite my son and his girlfriend over for dinner and have him help me bring it in. Come to think of it, I need some more plumbing supplies too. So I will be off to HD next suday.

Well, Reilly (Somethings Fishy) came by and helped me move the tank back up onto the stand and move it onto the plastic so I can get busy on the plumbing and painting. Have to go to HD this weekend and get a few more plumbing parts and return some I decided I didnt need.

Heres what I have going on now. I am pulling the doors off and replacing the hardware. Repainting the outside black. I'm thinking I will paint the inside with a water resistant paint. The spots are on the camera lense not the tank.

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

Last edited:
Back