IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

when I lived in NC, I could compete with the LFS..I had 4 tanks in my family room (10g eclispe,75g,90, and 125)...any more and I would have to charge for admission. :)

LOL...yeah, I told Todd I should start charging admission.

Not really. At the beginning of winter I did clean a little off a couple windows, but I have fans running and windows cracked open and the sliding glass door open 24/7.

might not want to share this information ;)

Well, Not to worry...my husband is home 24/7 and when we are not home, the door is closed and we have ADT! And neighbors that are very observant. And I think you are a little too far away to worry about.

Last edited:
Lorrie has an amazing set up going in her house. All the tanks are super quiet and all look great. Each one is very diverse and has its own personality to it and it really make me wish that my tank wasn't a week old but was as nice and as mature as hers are. Had I known the show I was in for I would have paid for the admission! Thanks for the lighting and the coral! I can't wait to see how it does in the next few days and I can't wait to see how your 180 comes along.

Lorrie has an amazing set up going in her house. All the tanks are super quiet and all look great. Each one is very diverse and has its own personality to it and it really make me wish that my tank wasn't a week old but was as nice and as mature as hers are. Had I known the show I was in for I would have paid for the admission! Thanks for the lighting and the coral! I can't wait to see how it does in the next few days and I can't wait to see how your 180 comes along.

Wow...Thanks Brian.

Wow...I added 4 astraea snails and they have a couple of the rocks cleared off already.
They are going to town on the algae.
I need some more snails though.

The other 140 lbs is well on its way.
Think I need a cleanup crew in there, aye!

IMG_3179.jpg

Lorrie, just saw this post. I haven't been on for a while because of some medical issues. Look's great!!! I would be interested to see pic's on how you plummed your system and explanation on what you did, it would be really informative for us that are fairly new. Down the road, whenever you are ready, I would be interested to see how much you would sell the 54 corner for. I don't know if I can afford it but I would like to found out any info.If you intend to keep it that's okay too. Thanks Earl

Hey Earl, welcome back. Hope all is going much better for you.

I will definitely post pics on the plumbing. I need to figure it out first and get some more parts.

I have decided to incorporate the 54 corner tank into the 180 basically just running it off the same sump, so it wont be for sale. Sorry. Its a nice tank.

Lorrie, if you wan't an emerald crab I have one that is in may 10 gallon and would be happier in a bigger tank. I took him out of my main tank because someone told my wife that they can turn predatory. I never had a problem with him being a problem but my wife said he had to come out. I also have a zebra crab to if you want. No charge. Let me know.-Earl

yeah yeah...alright!

Well, went to HD today. Spent a good hour there trying to piece things together. I think what I got is going to work.

So here is what I picked up today. Now I just have to remember what I got each piece for....haha!

IMG_3225.jpg

Last edited:
I cant get two of the the four doors off. The screws are corroded pretty badly. Got the drill and some EZ-outs. See if that works. I have wood putty to fill the old holes and bought some new hinges. Will get those doors off today hopefully.
Also bought black paint for the outside of the stand and white for the inside. I will get piant brushes and stir sticks from work.

Here is the returns. The five in the center are for the closed loop and one on each end are going to be returns from the sump. You cant see the sump return on this end of the pic. So what you see are the 5 for the closed loop and at thelast one at far end is return from the sump.
Anyone have any suggestions on possitioning these. I am up for suggestions. There is a spray bar going in across the bottom. Need to drill the holes in the pipe for that first.

IMG_3228.jpg

Last edited:
wow...agreed...lots of loc line...what is the purpose for all of them?? (not that Im questioning your decision, just curious). :)

Back