IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Now that's a tank! U just made my new upgrade look small. Best get to work so u can get water in that beast. Lol I'm sure u can't wait.

Something on the shelf type, flatter and longer, wider size. Something that will sit up on an end or side. I dont know... Just get 5 or 6 nice size pieces and I'll probably pick out 3 of them.

Well, I stopped by and picked up another 71 lbs of rock this evening. Its pretty much only two pieces make up about 65 lbs. There are three more small pieces that cant weigh more than 6-8 lbs total. I think I have plenty of rock now. This makes approx 210 lbs of rock for this tank. :high5:

I'll post a pic of them. They are a few really nice pieces

Hmmm...I dont know if that sounds wierd or what, to get excited about rock....

Yep. I get excited just buying equipment for the new tank. I know that with every purchase I am just that much closer to having the new reef going. :D

Cheers,
Alex

So here are the last pieces. The large one has to be 40 lbs. Its 17" wide and 15" tall the way it sits.

The others are just sweet with all the holes and their shape. I cant wait to aqua scape this thing.

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

nice structure for aquascaping..i see plenty of hole for corals to be attached to.
:)

I am planning on this tank being my SPS tank with some lps such as hammer, torch and frogspawn. I hope I dont have an issue with my bursa trigger fish. He hasnt bothered any coral yet.
The 75 is going to be strictly zoas and Blastos and duncans and my sun corals. Easier to feed them in the 75. Oh and the tyree green polyp toadstool. If I remove that, my clowns would be really really REALLY upset with me.
The 90 is going to be strickly softies & leathers.

I am planning on this tank being my SPS tank with some lps such as hammer, torch and frogspawn. I hope I dont have an issue with my bursa trigger fish. He hasnt bothered any coral yet.
The 75 is going to be strictly zoas and Blastos and duncans and my sun corals. Easier to feed them in the 75. Oh and the tyree green polyp toadstool. If I remove that, my clowns would be really really REALLY upset with me.
The 90 is going to be strickly softies & leathers.

I thought you were going to reduce the number of tanks you have in the house. 180, 75, and a 90. OMG
You must have a part time job to afford all of those tanks. LOL

Rock looks sweet. Are you going to take a hammer to that large one?

That's what I thought I heard too. *lol* Reduction in tanks. Of course I'm not one to talk about that. Rocks look really nice and porous too.

Cheers,
Alex

Haha...peppie
You all have not seen my house...I just about have as big of a selection of fish as an LFS...
Reduction in # of tanks, not gallons of water...LOL....

when I lived in NC, I could compete with the LFS..I had 4 tanks in my family room (10g eclispe,75g,90, and 125)...any more and I would have to charge for admission. :)

but that all was condensed into one large system when we moved to WA (along with several QT tanks).

so I know the feeling..

Back