iroll253's 29

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah chase im thinking about hittin up my aquapod with those haha gotta emulate your great ideas!

Sweet Kalvin glad your on here!

I think you should post your tank up i'm sure you would get a lot of great advice on it!

btw thanks for grabbing all my livestock i'm glad to finally shut it down for awhile. Will be back up in feb-april i assume. Ittl be beneficial for the tank too i suppose, just leaving the lights off till feb. Then will run them on for a couple months before adding anything.

Chase,

Wow, amazing job. Well done.
Maybe we should talk sooner or later to see what you can help me with as I am looking for another system.

Han (Lacey)

Not really i believe they are hit or miss. I got a really well made system with no problems yet. On the other hand my friends system assembly sucked and needed modding/fitting. But his was a bigger one with 2 250's.

The only thing i'm curious of is if switching the bulb to like a 20k radium will hurt the system or what you would recommend for a ballast option to run that bulb or one of similar quality. Can this be done?

Thanks for the estimate ittl be along time before i can afford a whole system that size. If the display will cost more than 600$. I Would still need a stand for something like that..

Okay time to do some modding.

I have my lights off currently and no live stock.

Since my Aqua c is being a POS, Ive decided to go with a small swc or something similar and add a 20g sump unless someone replies to my wtb about a bigger container.

Also since i'm going to remove my remora, i have room to redo my fuge to make it bigger and put the pump all the way on the right.

Here goes pics and advice, Always Welcome.

First i was planning on cutting the right drop to my fuge and capping it where the line is marked.
DSCN1765.jpg

Second I want to cut my left drop which is the one with the ball valve access below and turn to fit in a bulkhead (sump drilled where the x is)
On the other side of the bulkhead i'm planning to extend the pipe to the left side of the sump. I want this to be my only drop for the fuge and sump if possible.

DSCN1768.jpg

Where the other x is i want a bulkhead to be in place and the sump to drain to the fuge were the left drop previously was next to the safety. Im not sure if i need two drains or not.
DSCN1767.jpg

Full shot example. Except the tank will be all the way in the back corner.
Skimmer on the left in the corner.
Photo0005.jpg

Last edited:
Photo0755copy.jpg

Picture from my 20 long sectioned to a 11g display before it had a horrific crash to the ground.

Rest in peace my brilliant hermit.

your zoas are coming back alive in my 12 gallon! thanks again! you ever sell your lights yet?

No problem. I was surprised to get that shrimp out with my hand lol. Nope i still have both my halides. Did you end up getting that 150?

Up date of aqua scape. Used a small amount of great stuff foam to make a branch for zoas and it already has algae growing on it but still stands out a little. I shut my lights off for a couple weeks awhile ago. As far as cycle schedule my fuge has been cycling for 2 months, display almost a month now.
Pics taken right after blowing my rocks off 30 minutes ago with turkey baster and killing a single aptaisa with lemons =)
Also added ato thanks to some local members and have eshopps 100H on the way!

No sand in back because of rio in overflow.

DSCN1884.jpg

DSCN1885.jpg

DSCN1886.jpg

DSCN1888.jpg

I was thinking of a pair of small leopard wrasses that for sure eat frozen food but i'm not sure now. If not i'm going to stock it with a pair of slight Picasso clowns with rose bubble, and maybe a rare wrasse.

As far as corals they will be all zoas and lps, maybe a few sps after i upgrade the bulb and ballast.

I need a media reactor and vortech before i stock corals though.

Thanks!

Looks like you put that jug to good use. Glad it's working for ya brotha!

Thanks man. Thats exactly what i needed it for.

I like the lighting. Plan on switching the bulb sometime.

New zoas

Day lights, Days plus leds, Moonlights. Pics taken with my samsung memoir cellphone.

Back