Its finally Ready

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MINIATUS

Ive spent the last 14 months slowly putting this together. Once the painting and carpets are installed I will be setting it up.

First pics are of the wiring and the lights,which are 2-250 watt Xm 10k lamps and 2-110 watt URI actinics.

MINIATUS :)

Last edited:
Next 2 pics are the sump and the Tank.
Tank is a 90 gal with coast to coast overflow. Sump is a 30gal long with baffles made out of Acrylic. Baffles where made as a unit then glued in the sump.I can post more of the baffle building if you like.

Last edited:
Assorted pics of the lights. Actinics only which are fired off of a ARO raw vho ballast. Then the firing of the Halides

Return is from a Mag9.5 fed thru 3/4 in Locline. Main circulation is from 2 Tunze streams at 1600gph. They will cycle off every hour with one comming on about 15 minutes be fore the first turns off. Debating weather to turn both off at nite and let the return be the main circulation.

Excellent Min, its about time this puppy got some water in it, I was going to send you some Air plants just to populate it, lol

Keep the pictures coming Min

MIke

The biggest project was taking a AGA modern series canopy saving the trim and making it taller. I called the company and they sent me the stain to match the trim. so instead of a 7 inch canopy it is now 13 inchs tall. Lights are 9 inches from water.

Awesome Min! What do you plan on keeping in this tank? Look forward to more pics!

I sold alot of my corals especially the softies. I still got my hammer, frogspawn open brain, donut, torchs and a blushing coral. Plans are for SPS and clams.

MINIATUS

Thats the way to do it, looking great. My Streams have an photo cell eye that tunes them down when the lights go off, think it was like 10 or 20 bucks, no does!

Back