• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jedi Mind Trick Montipora Undata

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Just thought I'd highlight this coral. Its my favorite in the store right now. I found a couple pieces while in Phoenix and brought them back. I did a little research yesterday and discovered its selling under the name Jedi Mind Trick Undata. Obviously, ours do not come with the Tyree lineage, but they also don't come with the Tyree price. The few sites I found that have it are selling 1/2" pieces for $90-$100. We have two frags left. Both are near 2" and sell for $99.99 each. As you can see from the picture it has reddish/orange polyps over a green body. The growth edge is purple. We have a piece in the display tank and its coloring nicely while being pounded with 400w 20K. I believe it will hold color under less light as well. Enjoy!

MontiBluerimFiretip2_8467.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful coral... Whoever gets these will diffidently be lucky.

Thanks for sharing and nice find! :)

-augustus

I have a couple frags of this coral that I purchased from a reefer in Portland earlier this year.

That's a nice looking specimen and the price is right, too.

g

Cy,
I have a piece of the actual tyree jedi mind trick and paid a hefty price for it too. Can't really tell the difference other than the color on mine is a little more intense. None the less, this piece you have is beautiful and the price is great. I would definitely pick it up it I already didn't have one. I stated back a few weeks ago when Brie took pictures, I thought it looked like the Jedi Mind Trick.

cheers,

Just thought I'd highlight this coral. Its my favorite in the store right now. I found a couple pieces while in Phoenix and brought them back. I did a little research yesterday and discovered its selling under the name Jedi Mind Trick Undata. Obviously, ours do not come with the Tyree lineage, but they also don't come with the Tyree price. The few sites I found that have it are selling 1/2" pieces for $90-$100. We have two frags left. Both are near 2" and sell for $99.99 each. As you can see from the picture it has reddish/orange polyps over a green body. The growth edge is purple. We have a piece in the display tank and it coloring nicely while being pounded with 400w 20K. I believe it will hold color under less light as well. Enjoy!

MontiBluerimFiretip2_8467.jpg

Thanks for the input guys:) I love this Montipora. Is yours growing fast or slow P?

Pretty darn slow..Just started to take off now with new growth and starting to see lots of purple on the new growth. Great price!!! Someone needs to pick this up..otherwise I might have to get it for my little nano tank :)

These arrived more recently and are a different coral. I wish we had kept a little of the Fire Tip as it was a really nice Monti also.

Back