JFK_Jr's 150 Gallon Starphire

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JFK_Jr

My system's filtration is by Lifereef.

LF1-150 Lifereef Berlin System with a VS2-24 external protein skimmer,
BlueLine water pump 30 hdx for skimmer, BlueLine water pump 40 hdx for system. For circulation: 1 Tunze 6060, 1 Tunze NanoStream 6045 and 2 maxijet 1200's on algae free mods.

LCR1 Lifereef Calcium Reactor with 10lb CO2 set up. I use Knop Koralith media with ZeoMag granules. DIY Kalkwasser reactor.

AquaZone Deluxe 100 - 100 mg/hr Ozonizer/Controller plus ORP Probe and 250cc Air Drier. Used sparingly...

Lighting is provided by a Hamilton retrofit lighting system 72inch 3x25OW 13K Geisemann Megachrome MH with electronic ballasts and 2x96 watt PC with Electronic Ballasts. Also a set of dimmable moonlights. Four 5" speed adjustable fans mounted in the canopy.

NO CHILLER... 1 Sunlight Supply Air King 6 inch Clip on Fan blowing over my sump.

I also have an open back stand for circulation. I run a reverse lighting schedule, so I can cool down my reef when the MH's are on and not waste AC during the time I'm at work. It also allows me to spend more time at night watching my reef.

Everything controlled by Digital Aquatics "Reefkeepr 2" controller with PH probe and two expansion sockets.

For backup: TRIPP LITE POWERVERTER APS 750 POWER INVERTER 750W 2OUT 12VDC-120V with double 12V DEEP CYCLE MARINE BATTERIES.

left7.jpg
right7.jpg

Some coral shots...

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01389-1.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

Great shots! I love seeing tanks that have grown out/grown in.... shows there's hope for mine (after a few more years) :)

Is that a "blueberry" gorgonian? Time in your system and type-frequency of food?

Thanks for sharing. D

Great shots! I love seeing tanks that have grown out/grown in.... shows there's hope for mine (after a few more years) :)

Is that a "blueberry" gorgonian? Time in your system and type-frequency of food?

Thanks for sharing. D

Thanks... the tank has been running 18 months now.

The blueberry gorgonian is fairly new, so only time will tell how it will do long term. I feed my tank cyclopeeze and phytoplankton, with spot feedings for the gorgonian... so far so good... :)

Here's my equipment...

Well... my tank sits in my living room, so I don't have the luxury of a "fish room" with huge sumps and refugiums.

My setup is really simple... pure Berlin style reefkeeping. Heavy skimming, carbon 24/7 and supplements provided by my calcium reactor and DIY Kalkwasser reactor. My Kalkwasser reactor is also an auto topoff that is fed by R/O D/I. It maintains my levels pretty constant, which I believe is one of the major factors of success... stability. I also utilize lot's of flow via powerheads.

I run Knop Koralith in my CA reactor along with ZeoMag for Magnesium replenishment... I don't add any other supplements. Once a week I'll run a little ozone through my skimmer.

For lighting... a 72" hamilton retrofit kit MH + PC.

That's about it! :snshne:

lights.jpg

Calciumreactor.jpg

sump.jpg

Here's the stock company image for my Berlin filter.

lg_lf1-150.jpg

My DIY Kalkwasser/Auto topoff... hidden in an adjacent closet

diykalkreactor.jpg

Wow, after viewing this thread I had to scroll back to the top to see if I was viewing the showcase forum or the photography forum. Great tank and great pics. I also like your idea of labeling each piece of equipment.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone...:)

Believe it or not... my camera is a pocket 8.1MP Sony Cybershot.

Here's my FTS for the day...

12-25-07.jpg

I upgraded my existing MH/PC lighting today. I received my PFO PC retrofit kit and added it to my current lighting. I added 2 96 watt 7200K bulbs to give me a total wattage of 1134W. Definitely makes a difference visually... let's see if it does anything to my corals.

DSC01555.jpg

Um... Uh.... Freakin WOW! That is one awesome tank! You're my hero. I hope I am that fortunate someday. Great job and awesome shots. How do you get such large pics on your thread. I can only figure out how to have thumbnails of crappy, small shots.

Back