Jumping back in with both feet...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SalinFL

Hi Everyone,

I've been away from the hobby for over 12 years and now that I'm finally "planted" in Tampa, Florida for good, I have started to plan my next tank. My first adventure (typical newbie setup… 55 gal, EVERYTHING hanging off the back), I had a great experience and I learned a lot about what I wish I had and what I was not going to settle for next time. This time I'm going much bigger, reef ready, suspended lighting, etc. I'm a scuba diver and am in love with the large, spacious tanks. Though I haven't decided on how big just yet, I've been looking at the 180's and 250's. This configuration may take me a while because forums such as this one are my only "friend" resource. I unfortunately don't know any one locally that shares this awesome hobby and I don't know of any local stores that are worthy of my undivided patronage.

So much has changed in the industry since I first started! I look forward to researching and learning a lot from all of you.

Sally

Well its great to have you here Sally. It is a great hobby. We are looking forward to following along with your new system. I really wish I had the ability to support a larger tank. I would go upwards 300+ gal if I could. Hope you find a good LFS in your area.

Thanks! I wish I could go really big too, I know I am stretching it with the 250. Might be a pipe dream once I get from theory to tangible. I'm on a concrete foundation so no basement for plumbing and the tank will butt up against a hall, so no spare room behind to hide stuff in either. But… I find we are a very stubborn lot, no matter what we usually find a way ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

…. I really wish I had the ability to support a larger tank. I would go upwards 300+ gal if I could. Hope you find a good LFS in your area.

welcome .
its always a mix between fun , frustrating , and at times very expensive . some times all 3 . but look forward to seeing pics of your build

Back