Jumping back in

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Therapy1

As with many others that I see posting in this section, I am coming back in after a long (13 year?) absence. I am in my 3rd and final home so I am planning my setup. Last time I had salt set up I had over 1000 gallons with my biggest tank being a 220. This build we be a slow process as I have learned to be patient with this hobby through experience. I expect lights on by late summer at the earliest.

The plan this time calls for a 180 gal glass tank with basement sump.
Lighting thought is 3- 250 watt MH but I am researching LED's. (A great sticky written by Mojoreef on that here about spectrum)
I won't bore you with the petty details at this time about the rest.

I have plenty of research to do to catch up with the latest thoughts/trends/discoveries. So I will be mostly lurking but occasionally interjecting my opinions.

A big HELLO to Mike (Mojoreef). If he still frequents this site, steer him my way. Would love to call him again to catch up. Lost his #. :(

Tom C
Cato NY (Previously lived in Syracuse)

60a41c28b05eb6937a09d5eb09850151.jpg

Looking forward to getting to know you and watching your new build :)

Thank you very much for the welcome.

Is it me, or has interest in the reef hobby waned in the last few years. All of the research I am doing runs into roadblock because of dated material and broken links because of it? Seems that things peaked about 2010 to 2012. Hardly any new articles.

Welcome.

No the hobby is as strong as every. However traffic here has gone down hill.
But there are a few of us left here.
If you ask any questions I'm sure one of us will try and answer.

Good luck

Thank you all for your welcome and answers. Didn't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer. Its not just this site but the internet as whole with broken links. Although I have found truly excellent new material as well. I have been perusing 3 different forums. (although this is my home go-to) Seems like many of the same questions and mistakes as 12 years ago. As such it is my belief that good forums will never go out of style. Then again, I still have a "dumb" phone. lol

Capture_zpstcfodapd.jpg

Apparently its 100 posts, 90 days.
There is rarely anything in the sales forums. You aren't missing much.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.1 KB
Thx Stacey. This is a huge downer for this site. There just is not enough traffic to warrant this. Probably take me months to reach 90 posts. Actually, I have a really old membership with my name just "Therapy". But I no longer have the password or the email account I did then to recover it. So I started new as Therapy1.

Tom

Last edited:
Yep, I did.
I agree kind of.
If anyone were using the site, there might be something in those forums, if you want people to use the site there has to be activity.
Forums in general are just fading away to other things...

Yep, I did.
I agree kind of.
If anyone were using the site, there might be something in those forums, if you want people to use the site there has to be activity.
Forums in general are just fading away to other things...

Sad but true! Seems to be no way of stopping it. Even the BIG reef sites are hurting.

For some reason the limits was reverted but now it is the 10/10 rule, 10 days, 10 post to access the sales forums. Also updated the User Agreement to match.

For some reason the limits was reverted but now it is the 10/10 rule, 10 days, 10 post to access the sales forums. Also updated the User Agreement to match.

Seems pretty reasonable.
Hopefully people will stick around and ask a few questions.

1 good question with some back and forth dialog could blow through 10 posts pretty easy.

Back