just shoowing off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
for your eye candy:D
WM's rommell acro
WMMromell.jpg

I wish I knew how you take such good pics. We just changed our lighting to 20K radiums and can't take true color pics for the life of us. Our point and shoot cameras just won't cut it. Very nice pics!

Edit: OK, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but to save me the hassle of searching through 41 pages to find out...what camera and lenses do you use again? I'd like to look into a better camera!

I wish I knew how you take such good pics. We just changed our lighting to 20K radiums and can't take true color pics for the life of us. Our point and shoot cameras just won't cut it. Very nice pics!

Edit: OK, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but to save me the hassle of searching through 41 pages to find out...what camera and lenses do you use again? I'd like to look into a better camera!

105 mm macro nikon lens,and 18-200 DX VR nikon lens with VR turn off,,today i try A proirity lowest iso as possible/RAW/ auto WB /good tripod/manual shutter release/turn off all the flow,,then click and click,and click,you will get it.:),,SLR camera is only way to go..

Last edited:
Oh man, still a WOW everytime seeing your pics, Dang. You got all the element for such good pics: Tank, light, corals, camera, lens... and of course, skill :)

105 mm macro nikon lens,and 18-200 DX VR nikon lens with VR turn off,,today i try A proirity lowest iso as possible/RAW/ auto WB /good tripod/manual shutter release/turn off all the flow,,then click and click,and click,you will get it.:),,SLR camera is only way to go..

What actual camera are you using? Nikon???

The secret to getting good color is to shoot in RAW mode and adjust color temperature in Photoshop using Camera RAW. If your camera doesn't have RAW mode (most point and shoots don't) you can try setting a custom white balance. Good point and shoots will have a custom white balance. Check your camera manual for instructions on how to do it if necessary. Some cameras simply cannot cope with the spectrum of our tanks, though, and will never produce good results. I had a Sony camera that was like that.

If you have a Canon point and shoot that doesn't have RAW mode, check out CHDK. It's some software you put on your SD card that enables many extra features on your camera, like RAW mode, bracketing, faster shutter speeds. It is not firmware, so there's no risk of damaging your camera. The software is loaded from your SD card. To remove it, just remove it from the SD card or use a different card and your camera is back to normal.

The secret to getting good color is to shoot in RAW mode and adjust color temperature in Photoshop using Camera RAW. If your camera doesn't have RAW mode (most point and shoots don't) you can try setting a custom white balance. Good point and shoots will have a custom white balance. Check your camera manual for instructions on how to do it if necessary. Some cameras simply cannot cope with the spectrum of our tanks, though, and will never produce good results. I had a Sony camera that was like that.

If you have a Canon point and shoot that doesn't have RAW mode, check out CHDK. It's some software you put on your SD card that enables many extra features on your camera, like RAW mode, bracketing, faster shutter speeds. It is not firmware, so there's no risk of damaging your camera. The software is loaded from your SD card. To remove it, just remove it from the SD card or use a different card and your camera is back to normal.

Wow Tom. I dint know you knew so much about cameras.

Thank you and Dang for the quick getting started tips. I just ordered a starter SLR. The Canon Rebel XS (D-1000). It will only be a matter of time before I get a nice macro lens.

March 2009,FTS front,i ,,,i meant Oum trimed back littlte and more to come,,Tamarind tort is surfacing to the top of the water and keep on pushing through the open air:D
march2009FS.jpg

March 2009,FTS front,i ,,,i meant Oum trimed back littlte and more to come,,Tamarind tort is surfacing to the top of the water and keep on pushing through the open air:D
march2009FS.jpg

Might have to come take some of that tam tort off your hands!:badgrin:

Dang, can i be on the waiting list for a 1/2inch frag?
from my back yard again " Blue Seirra in Issaquah",,they always have the hidden treasure,,i got a lot very nice stuffs from them,,i always found coral that surprise me when they say they got the new shippment and resonble price..
right time and the right place.:D
just like this one i found at Blue Seirra also
goodsss.jpg

happy reefing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back