Kim's 75

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

. . . and fish! Thanks Joanne :) I just introduced the fairy wrasse this afternoon and it went really well. I think he likes the new tank.

Wow great looking tank nd stand! Looks like all the he'd work has paid off. Ill be hanging around to watch it mature

great start Kim. you obviously have put a lot of thought into your new system. I really like your lights. modern and cool looking. great idea to put the acrylic under the live rock!! are you going to use any substrate?
thanks for sharing :)

Hi Rob! The lights do look very cool, and I love the shimmer of LED lighting . . . it shimmers through the water, and it dances on the ceiling. I think it looks way better than the static look of the T5s I have on the 36 right next to it. Yes, I used about a 1/2" depth of Caribsea Special Grade. It's the perfect size at 1-2 mm, and easy to keep clean. I've used other types, but this is my favorite. I will try to get some pictures of the new wrasse up here soon. You guys have snow down there?

Last edited:
Ok, got some pictures of the new fairy wrasse in his new home . . .

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0103%2520copy.jpg

the wrasse is awesome!!! great colors.
no snow in town. we were hunting today and managed to find a little snow but it is hard to find!!!! dry and dusty

Yes, he really is a beauty! He already associates me with food, so he comes right out to see what I've got for him so we might get some good pics (hmmm . . . that sounds like everybody in my house :)) I was surprised that even with his small size, LiveAquaria says minimum 75 gallons. He sleeps in a hole in one of the rocks at night, as far inside as he can get. Neat personality.

That is a good sign that he knows you, mine are the same way....................... every time I walk by the tank!!!!!!!!!!!! We shall see you on Tuesday afternoon, turn the heat up, it is gonna be chilly :) :).

Hi Kim - I was thinking about this tank the other day, wondering when the grand unveiling would happen....and so here it is. Tank looks so cool and clean, your wrasse is beautiful. It's so nice to have fish that come right out (for food) so you can give the the check-over. Very nice work!

Hey Kim, thanks for lettin me in the door yesterday afternoon :). It is definitely better seeing this tank close up, it is a really nice system!!!!

If you could.................. would you post your phosphate reading from when you were curing the rock.................. just cuz ;).

Oh, and thanks for lunch, nuthin like a good soup and sammy on a cold day!!!!

IMG_7880_zps0a5e88ab.jpg

Hi Kim - I was thinking about this tank the other day, wondering when the grand unveiling would happen....and so here it is. Tank looks so cool and clean, your wrasse is beautiful. It's so nice to have fish that come right out (for food) so you can give the the check-over. Very nice work!

Thanks Kevin. I knew you would be shocked to see water in it :) Yeah, it's too clean actually . . . I'm used to fighting GHA and green mushrooms, so it's a little weird.

Back