Kovy's Reef - Final Design - Help me decide!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Where should I put the display tank?

• Total voters

RapidFire

Obsessive Reefer
Ok guys, this is it. Im FINALLY ready to buy my dream tank.

I have two options:

A) Tank upstairs, in the living room. Everyone will see it, but having the fish room downstairs means lots of plumbing and a strong return pump.

B) Tank in game room/basement, adjacent to fish room. Not so many people go down there but i'll definitely show off my tank when we have guests. It just won't be out in the open.

Having the tank in the basement seems to be a more practical decision for me, but I want a second opinion.

1. I can have the cabinetry (stand and canopy) match the cabinet/entertainment system. The entertainment system cabinet is a full wall unit, and the tank will be on the opposing wall and will look really nice when everything is said and done.

2. Less plumbing. Same floor, so pump doesn't need to be as strong to accommodate head height.

What do you think?

Put it the game room/basement and you will naturally spend more time down there . . .

Fully agree with Kris, but NO POOL TABLE misfiredCue Balls and aquariums do not mix :doh:

My 125g is in our downstairs Bonus Room and now spend much more time in there. I have a future large tank build going down there as well with a fish/mechanical room below house through wall to tank also much better supported with being on slab floor.

Cheers, Todd

I say put it in your game room and then make a den/tv room/entertainment area out of that room also to get max-bennies out of the area ~ :) You can always use an excuse to buy that new 80" LCD flat-screen you saw at Costco right??

I say put it in your game room and then make a den/tv room/entertainment area out of that room also to get max-bennies out of the area ~ :) You can always use an excuse to buy that new 80" LCD flat-screen you saw at Costco right??

Theres already a 42" in there, can't fit anything bigger. We had the cabinetry pre-built to fit the TV.

Upstairs spend lots of time enjoying it and everyone who comes over gets to see it in my opinion

You all are missing the obvious here.

You need to move the front door so it opens into the game room. Problem solved, just some miner construction to do. :)

I think we need to see some pictures of this "dream tank". I can't wait for ideas on how to arrange the liverock in the tank I am setting up.

My 450 is at main entrance at my home everybody sees it

Attachments

• Kens w900 004.jpg
    Kens w900 004.jpg
    58.6 KB
Back