Kris’ 390g Drop of Ocean

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Did you ever get that sand in there? Let me know how those pegs work out for ya. I think I'm going to make a similar rock rack in my new tank.

Good luck!

reminds me of a song, " I can see clearly now the rock (errr..the rain is gone) is here"...

LOL..
Congrats.I am seriously thinking of starting over with the rock in my tank..

Long day yesterday, transferred rock and livestock from both of my tanks into the new tank. The 46g bowfront took the longest as I had to cut off all the mushrooms, palys and kenya tree. I have a lot of cheap softy frags for the frag swap next weekend now.

Managed to isolate the menacing mantis shrimp, not too hard considering how much I had worried about it all week. Just isolated him and his rock into a bucket and then poked a stick into his hole until he got mad enough to leave the rock.

Today I have to get the light rack up, get both skimmers running and move the auto top off to the new tank. Then I think it will be able at a point I can let it run itself for a week or two while my wrist heals.

I will try to get some pictures posted tonight. It is so cool to have fish in there! I fell asleep in front of it last night (it was a very long, busy day!)

Trido,

Give her a break, she is prolly still sleeping in front of the tank.

LOL..

Trido,

Give her a break, she is prolly still sleeping in front of the tank.

LOL..
Im suprised she posted anything. When I set up the 210 last spring I didnt post in my thread for days. Let alone, pictures. You know as well as I, how much work goes into a huge system. Our spouses must think were nuts. Well, I've never slept in front of my tank. Then again, its just a mere 210.:rolleyes:

My wife knows I'm nuts. When I was setting up my 375g, I was too tired to post any pics. I believe it took me a week to get before I decide to post anything. Although, I do have 3 small kids so this may have something to do with the delay. (To a 4yr old)-When I am home, it is daddy time, not fish time :D:D

Ok, Ok. Don't say I don't come through on my promises!

The sweet reward!!!

Wow. I need more coral!

Well, I've never slept in front of my tank. Then again, its just a mere 210.:rolleyes:

But you see I planned it that way, my tank is straight across the livingroom from a long reclining couch that is very comfortable to sleep in. But I guess with a mere 210 you probably have to get closer, than across the room, to see it:lol::badgrin::D

Oh I can see my tank just fine from across the room. I simply dont have couch long enough to sleep on down stairs.

One thing I noticed about your tank. Not only do you need more corals, you need more fish!

Oh, Nice rock work BTW. Lots and Lots of swim room for your fishies.

with all the hard work and dedication payoff,,,very nice looking tank,i really like the shadow effected and shading,,gonna be very very nice tank soon you get them filled with corals.:)

Your tank looks beautiful. Wish i could have something that size but i just don't have the space for it!

with all the hard work and dedication payoff,,,very nice looking tank,i really like the shadow effected and shading,,gonna be very very nice tank soon you get them filled with corals.:)

Yeah I am not sure about the lighting myself. I have run two 15k MH (outer) and 1 10k center for over a year now, but have never noticed a big difference in color like I see now. I am not sure if it is the fact that the bulbs are now further apart, the new reflectors or both. Or possibly because the 10k has been out of use for 3 months and needs to settle in on the color.

Anyway due to my surgery I am having to sit back and just observe, no tweaking with things (and boy is it driving me crazy). Good news is that nothing has needed to be messed with. Even feeding the fish was hard with only one hand and a left hand at that! Last night I was finally able to clip algea by myself. Today I can type with both hands without too much pain so once I get these stitches out I should be able to start playing in the water again! Now I just have to talk someone into cleaning the skimmer out tonight.

Kris,

Prolly the best medicine for you and your tank. Remember, patience is a reefer's friend.

Yeah I know:oops: But I do have a CaRX I want to get on line and I need to finish up the water changing system. I do not sit idle well, so this recovery period is getting old fast. My husband has even asked what am I going to do with my time if I get this tank so that it is easy to maintain. He also said he hoped the next hobby would not be quite so expensive:lol:

Kris,

going to do with my time if I get this tank so that it is easy to maintain

Enjoy your tank !!! I do.

Hey, if you get bored, you can help me scrub the bryopsis off my live rock. :D:D:D

I am starting today and removing all pieces of live rock and scrubbing the hell out of them. I am glad I still kept some old pics of my rock layout on my site. Gives me an idea of what pieces are tied together and ones that are not.

I have 1/3 of the tank done and I am tired. It is going to take me another 2 days to complete this project. I also am getting my main display tank water tested at AWT.

He also said he hoped the next hobby would not be quite so expensive

I have to remind my wife that.......
I could restore a classic car,
take up snowmobilliing again,
start mountain climbing,
and the list goes on.....
I can think of sooooo many things to spend our extra money on. YOu have to have some sort of hobby. Why not one that keep you close to home and safe. :D

So I am finally able to work on my project again. I tinkered around with various odds and ends this weekend. Replaced one of my compact flourescent lights that had burned out (daylight) and within 10 mins the one in the other fixture burned out :evil:

I got all of the frags I bought at the frag swap moved and glued into the new tank. Now I just need some growth. Speaking of that does anybody know where I can get a canister of CO2 around the puyallup/tacoma/federal way area. I am hoping to find a place that will rent me a tank and will refill when I need. Right now my CaRX has water running through it but no CO2.

Water parameters Sunday AM (1 hour before lights on)

Salinity 1.027-Refractometer
Ca 415-Salifert
Alk 7.0-Salifert
Mg 1200-Elos
PH 8.1-Elos
NO3-trace -Elos

On the NO3 I have never gotten what I would consider a "0" reading since I switched to Elos (from Salifert)-it always has just a tinge of color. Just wondering if I am too critical of the color. What have other users experienced-do you get a true "clear" reading with Elos? I have had a little algae bloom but I did not find that surprising, it seems to be gradually going away.

I felt the water parameters were not bad considering I have not dosed anything since start up, both the Ca and Alk are down a little from last week. I am trying to get a good understanding of the how the CaRX works, been doing a lot of reading. I confess to being a little confused, I have seen and read that some use Kalk in addition to the CaRX, but I thought Kalk was used to maintain calcium and alk, same with the CaRX so why would you use both?

Well I broke my promise to myself, not to buy any new fish until I had upgraded the skimmer:oops:-I picked up a pair of dragon faced pipefish-It is really cool watching them glide around the rockwork hunting for food!

Just wanted to do a quick update since I had not posted here in a couple of weeks.

Back