Krish's 10 gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Krish,

Hope those injections helped some. I know how painful they are as I had 2 done in my upper back/neck area and it felt like someone had stabbed me in the back. Oh wait I guess they did stab me in the back. *lol* Are you doning therapy on the back/neck for the herniated disc?

Looking forward to seeing how this tank progresses.

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Krish,

Hope those injections helped some. I know how painful they are as I had 2 done in my upper back/neck area and it felt like someone had stabbed me in the back. Oh wait I guess they did stab me in the back. *lol* Are you doning therapy on the back/neck for the herniated disc?

Looking forward to seeing how this tank progresses.

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks Alex and yes, I am doing therapy now. 2 doctors said I will probably need the surgery, but we are trying everything else first. :)

Had a few spare minutes tonight so I siliconed down the white pvc bottom and the acrylic backwall. Tomorrow I will drill the holes for the bulkheads and silicone in the strips for the overflow. I needed something for the overflow to attach to so I got some acrylic strips that I will silicone to the bottom and sides of tank and then the wall can attach to that. Slowly but surely I'm moving along :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm on my iPhone, but when I get home I have some updates!! Tank is completely finished! :D . Overflow is in, bulkheads and lockline is in and instead of the vinyl I painted the chamber black. Looks really nice! Just the woodwork left and then water can go in! Will post pictures when I get home :)

What is the stocking plan?

Not a whole lot Martin with only 16x10x12 of display area left :lol: Haven't decided totally but will be some of your favorites for sure (zoanthids), whatever other cool corals I can find knocking around and a shrimp or two. Not too sure about fish. I have it good though where I can go to tidepools and get fish the size of a tylenol tablet so I can put in some small fish to pass the time. We shall see...Main thing is to get the tank up and running first :)

Here are the tank pictures. First one was taken after the overflow was siliconed in. Then I taped off the tank and got some pain made for glass and sprayed it :)

6jpmiv.jpg

263kc2g.jpg

13zzigy.jpg

Last edited:
Krish if this is anything like your last pod its gonna be cool when you get it done I have been following along keep the the crazy cool work

That is very cool. Cannot wait to see when it is finished. Woodwork, sweet. Hurry up already, we are all waiting patiently. :0)

Cheers,
Alex

That is very cool. Cannot wait to see when it is finished. Woodwork, sweet. Hurry up already, we are all waiting patiently. :0)

Cheers,
Alex

Haha!! Still trying to decide on how I want to do it. I have a few ideas that are up in the air, but hopefully I can figure it out soon. :)

The display area of the tank will be only 8 gals. I worked it out and so if I decide to use the Koralia I have with the MJ1200's, then I will have roughly 1,000 gph (990gph to be exact) of flow in this little tank which will mean I will be turning over my tanks volume about 120 times per hour. If I don't use the Koralia, then I will still be turning over the tank's volume about 70 times per hour. Guess I'll figure all that out when the rock gets in and I have water in the tank. :)

Was that a black spray paint or was it black vinyl that you used for the blacked out portion of the tank?

Cheers,
Alex

lookin good looking great! I did that to a 20l once. I had it for awhile and liked the all in one. Have fun with it.

Thanks guys!!! :D And it was black spray paint that was made to be used on glass as well as a few other surfaces. :)

Thanks guys!!! :D And it was black spray paint that was made to be used on glass as well as a few other surfaces. :)

I tried spray painting the back of an aquarium with the Krylon Fusion paint and found that it chipped a little to easy and flaked off after one small chip.

Are you afraid of the paint chipping or does this paint not tend to have the chipping issues on glass?

Very cool and thanks for the updates.

Back