Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey krish, i think this may have been your idea. you said try a tang for algae purposes. seeing I already had a sailfin i couldnt just add one so I added a blue hippo and a blonde naso. they are fine togeather. a little picking at first but all are now getting along. I will put up pics when I have a chance while home tommorrow. steve

krish75 said:
Sounds cool Ken...Would that make one side of the tank brighter than the other or will it all blend in together and appear as one color/spectrum? I was hoping/planning to run actinics only for the first hour of my photoperiod in the morning and likewise in the evening. If I do that, that setup may not work(LOL)
Oh It might look a little different on each side, I would try some different combinations of the bulbs you have to get a look you can live with until the lights you want come in. The 6.7k and attinic will look nice. Can you do 50/50s on one side and 6.7k and attinic on the other?

60 70 wouldnt be a problem dive in that temp range all the time
lights re coming along problem with all this is money doesnt go as far as u would like it to chrismats rocks cant wait to go to a lfs thats like 30 min or more drive away hopefully get sum good corals and maybe some nice nudis there not all bad ppl cant wait for new corals
thanx for checking out my thread krish hope u get ur lights sorted and happy hoildays

ow and what happed to the pic of the thing which u didnt know what it was if u know what im talking bout

hey krish, i think this may have been your idea. you said try a tang for algae purposes. seeing I already had a sailfin i couldnt just add one so I added a blue hippo and a blonde naso. they are fine togeather. a little picking at first but all are now getting along. I will put up pics when I have a chance while home tommorrow. steve

Cool...K thanks! I'll look out for them.

Oh It might look a little different on each side, I would try some different combinations of the bulbs you have to get a look you can live with until the lights you want come in. The 6.7k and attinic will look nice. Can you do 50/50s on one side and 6.7k and attinic on the other?

Yeah, I will try a few combo's tomorrow if I get the chance. Did I mention that I have (2) 10,000k's? The problem with them is that they are 5 months old.

thanx for checking out my thread krish hope u get ur lights sorted and happy hoildays

Anytime Morgan...Thanks for starting up the thread! It's going to be a great one and It's good to have so that later on you could go back to it and see how much things have changed.

ow and what happed to the pic of the thing which u didnt know what it was if u know what im talking bout

You know I went to take the picture today, but had too much going on. I will definately post a picture though. I'm really curious as to what it is...

Here is a photo of my new light and a full tank shot for the hell of it. I got (2) more 50/50 pc's so I am running (4) 50/50 pc bulbs in the new aqualight. Definately a lot brighter...

Oh, and Morgan...Here's the picture I told you about of the wierd thing in my tank. I started up a new thread to see if someone can id it.

thie thing under the rock looks like a nudi dose it have featehr type things couming out from ints lower back becaue thats what i can kinda make out and the other thing not sure maybe some sort of worm? ill check your thread like to know what others reackon
as always tanks looking good if u want some corals and stuff my not and anenome for your clowns

Thanks Morgan...The anemone and others will eventually go in. Just taking it slow while the water warms up(LOL)

My yellow tang finally started eating nori today from the clip and is going crazy over the stuff. Finally! He has some of my rocks white from where he has scraped them to death. Now he can graze on nori for the most part of the day...

I took my entire sump out today, skimmer, and all of my pumps and cleaned everything. I finally got the proper ph test kit today and after everything had settled these are my numbers...

Temp - 83 degrees
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite -0
Nitrate - 6 ppm
Ph - 8.3
Specific gravity - 1.023

My nitrates are slowly going down. It got as high as 10ppm and now it's at 6. Much better than 160+ ppm in my old setup. My chart only went that high and I was above that(LOL) Next week, I will post a photo of under my stand when I put the back on it. Until then Happy New Years!

Temp - 83 degrees

Hey Krish if you can with a fan try blowing it across your sump & see if you can get that temp down just a little you are a little hi IMVHO...Jeff

krish75 said:
I took my entire sump out today, skimmer, and all of my pumps and cleaned everything. I finally got the proper ph test kit today and after everything had settled these are my numbers...

Temp - 83 degrees
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite -0
Nitrate - 6 ppm
Ph - 8.3
Specific gravity - 1.023

My nitrates are slowly going down. It got as high as 10ppm and now it's at 6. Much better than 160+ ppm in my old setup. My chart only went that high and I was above that(LOL) Next week, I will post a photo of under my stand when I put the back on it. Until then Happy New Years!

Hey Krish if you can with a fan try blowing it across your sump & see if you can get that temp down just a little you are a little hi IMVHO...Jeff

I could do that, but I have a lid on 3/4 of my sump to hold the light and prevent water from splashing everywhere. I will check the temperature again tomorrow because my new aqualight has fans on it and we had the central air off downstairs today because the housekeeper was here and she for some reason, likes to keep the back door open(LOL) If it is still up, then I will work something...Thanks Jeff:)

Krish - would it be possible to drill some holes in the top of the lid of the sump? It might help with using the fan, and get the temp down a bit. Also, your specific gravity, is a tad low....but I realize you don't have any corals right now. Are you going to raise that up when you start stocking inverts?

dood just so you know i like your table :p :) .
i don't know about drilling but i think a nice size fan would do it :) .
let us know if your temperature drops

Krish - would it be possible to drill some holes in the top of the lid of the sump? It might help with using the fan, and get the temp down a bit.

That's a great idea and I may try that. I will check my temperature today, seeing the a/c will be back on and I have the new lights running with the fan. If no change then definately I'll try your suggestion...

Also, your specific gravity, is a tad low....but I realize you don't have any corals right now. Are you going to raise that up when you start stocking inverts

Yeah, I want and I am going to raise it. I actually kept it at 1.021 and just raised it slightly. The reason I want it so low right now is because I want to introduce the fish into the tank with a low specific gravity because I've read that it helps with a smoother transition. I'm trying to get my Blue Hippo again this week and once I get him and he settles in, then I'll start slowly raising it...

dood just so you know i like your table .
i don't know about drilling but i think a nice size fan would do it .
let us know if your temperature drops

LOL...You see the chair all the way to the right? That's like that so I can sit there and look at the tank(LOL) If you don't know, besides my wife loving Food Network, she loves TLC so she used me as her ginuea pig and had me recover the dinning room chairs and those 3 "whatevers" on the wall, she had me make(LOL)

LOL...You see the chair all the way to the right? That's like that so I can sit there and look at the tank(LOL) If you don't know, besides my wife loving Food Network, she loves TLC so she used me as her ginuea pig and had me recover the dinning room chairs and those 3 "whatevers" on the wall, she had me make(LOL)

lol :D well i like your 3 whatevers :D and they look kewl so good job

Well, I will be adding a H.O.T magnum cannister filter to my system tomorrow...Well kinda. Every week before a water change I blow off my rocks with a powerhead and it is amazing what comes off of them. I figured, I'd have a better chance at removing everything if I cut off all my pumps and ran a H.O.T magnum with the polishing cartridge in it for a bit to grab everything that is pushed off of the rocks in suspension. I usually wait for it to settle and siphon it up from the bottom, but a lot of it just lands back on the rocks. This way my polisher can catch everything and I also have the attachment to hook up a tube to to vaccum with. So I may try vacuuming the rocks with it also. I'm curious to see if I can knock of the last few traces of nitrates I have in my tank by doing this...

hey krish just wondering how much did u pay for your tunze power heads? or anyone eles for that matter that runs them because uve found them to be a bit pricey in australia wondering if im getting ripped at my lfs i know i am on corals and fish $62 for a mandrin dragonette there and 35 at another shop theres probly 20% mark up on everything so yeh like to know if paying 250 for a tunze is the fair amount to be paying have u decided on ur light setup yet or are u going to run the 4 50/50s? looks like everythings starting to run pretty smooth

Back