Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:lol: LOL...Yeah, that was a close call

I'll just edit this post and add the pictures one time

Last edited:
My freight forwarder has my Tunze stream and other goodies and by the sound of it, I may get it tomorrow (fingers crossed people:) ) Any ideas or recommendations on placement? The photos above show the placement now. I've got that sea-swirl at the top almost centered with 700 gph going through it and the 2 Seio's with 820 gph coming out of each. The Tunze will be an additional 1600 gph. Any ideas at all will be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just have to play with it for a bit...

Just a bump on post #403. There was a mix up and I won't get the Tunze until tomorrow. I sat infront of my tank for about 2 hrs this evening and still can't decide how to position these powerheads once I add the tunze. Any ideas anyone? I'm almost thinking on taking out the Seio's and just adding 1 more tunze if I really like it, but until then I have to figure out placement on what I have...

Krish - what don't you like about the positioning you have now? Where were you planning on placing the Tunze? Let's start with that, and figure out the powerhead placement around that. I think the sea swirl should stay where it is.

The flow is pretty good now Nikki with good circulation, but I'm not really moving anything off of the rocks. It's rediculous what comes off of it when I blow it off with a powerhead before a water change. Also, I have a really bad deadspot in the back of my tank. I'm pretty sure when I go to Orlando next week I will pick up another tunze and get rid of the Seio's but for now I was just curious what is best for me to do with what I have. Maybe the same positioning with 2 Tunze with double the gph rather than the Seio's will do the job.

Krish, where you have your seio's now looks good. When you get the Tunze youll see that the difference is huge and will probably be just fine.

Don

Krish, where you have your seio's now looks good. When you get the Tunze youll see that the difference is huge and will probably be just fine.

Don

Don...Do you mean replacing the Seio's with the Tunze, but positioning them in the same way??

Oh...Btw, I just got the Tunze about 10 minutes ago. The magnet was on back order so I guess I will have fun trying to mount it if I can at all(LOL) Aw well....

krish75 said:
Don...Do you mean replacing the Seio's with the Tunze, but positioning them in the same way??

I'd replace the seios with the tunze's then maybe, but only if needed drop a seio down behind the rock blowing across the back. You may have to play with it a bit watching the detritus piles.

Don

Thanks Don...I had the same theory in mind. It sucks though that I don't have the magnet mount. I looked at that retarded bracket and I don't see it being much use to me. I guess I will have to think like a "Don"(McGuyver) on this one to rig somethin(LOL) I've got a little something in mind. I'll post a picture if it works...Thanks again Don:)

DonW said:
I'd replace the seios with the tunze's then maybe, but only if needed drop a seio down behind the rock blowing across the back. You may have to play with it a bit watching the detritus piles.

Don

I completely agree with Don.

Krish, when you get the magnets, make sure you don't stick them together without something like styrofoam inbetween. My friend had that happen and it was a real pain-in-the-you-know-what to get them apart. When placing it in the tank, one of us held onto one magnet and the other person had the other magnet.

Let us know how the Tunze does!

I completely agree with Don.

Krish, when you get the magnets, make sure you don't stick them together without something like styrofoam inbetween. My friend had that happen and it was a real pain-in-the-you-know-what to get them apart. When placing it in the tank, one of us held onto one magnet and the other person had the other magnet.

Let us know how the Tunze does!

Thanks Nikki...

I just installed the Tunze using the dumb bracket that came with it and it is unreal the flow that comes out of it! My tank was cloudy for about 10 minutes until the Tunze pushed all of the detritus off of the rocks. OMG!!! They are HUGE!!!(LOL) Yeah, I will order another one tomorrow for sure. Premium aquatics had a little mix up and Rob said that they magnet mount was sent out today to me. I took out one of the Seio's and have one still running. Here is a little diagram of what I have done...The Tunze is as far down as the bracket will allow and the Seio is half way down the glass pointing at the bottom of the tank to lift anything settling on the bottom...

Oh yeah...I will add photos once I get the magnet mount. As it stands, I can't use my canopy because of the bracket:doubt:

dduuhhh !! :oops:
can i say that it's 1: 04 and that i haven't taken my nap :D ?

i think and since it's your house :D , i'd go with the hanging lights (i don't remember what you call that type)

The magnet mount will be here by Tuesday...I didn't realise how much sand I missed when I went bb until I added the tunze(LOL) I will post a picture next week of the Tunze when I get the magnet mount and then when I get back from Orlando, I will post a picture of the other Tunze I will pick up except this one will be with the controller!

Back