Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So you got a nikon, that could be 1 of about 500 different cameras? We want to know which camera you got!

I got the black one they have at Best Buy you know the one which they have on display with the other cameras next to the video cameras??? LMBO!!! Ohhhh The pressure, the pressure. It's the Nikkon coolpix camera. It can't use other lenses, but was the strongest one they had for taking macro shots. I figured I'd just get that one and use it because it does get pretty close with the different options it has. For instance, I took a picture of my IPOD's earphones in macro mode and then zoomed that in and saved an even closer shot and I was able to count the holes clearly in the ear piece. That just goes to show what a real camera like yours would do with replaceable stronger lens. I will get probably the one like yours when I get back home. I will have to just order it and have it shipped I guess. Nevertheless, this camera may do all I need it to, but won't know for sure until I get home and shoot a few pictures of my tank and of the fish. I guess that will be the deciding point.:)

If you got the 8800 it is all you will need. That is a real nice camera, and I would have to spend as much on a lense as that camera costs to get the same macro shots w/ my camera. Hope you make it back soon, and show us some pix.

Here's a photo of my new Tunze as well as the "Y" adaptor for me sea-swirl. I'll hook it all up as soon as I get my tank back in order.

Installed the new tunze and it made matter worse(LOL) Now I really don't know where to put them! I've been playing around with them for the last hour. I took out the seio's and put them back in. Now they are un-plugged again(LOL) The problem is, when I cleaned the tank today, I blew off the rocks as usual with the powerhead, now I can't tell where needs flow because there is nothing left to come off of the rocks! Aw well...I'm gone again to toy around with it. So far they are on opposite ends of the tank turning the water clockwise. One infront and one in back. Here's a photo of the controller. No tank shots yet!

I ended up not using the "Y" adapter. It cut down the flow too much and didn't really make much sense like that. Here's a photo of it before I removed it...

Just wanted to do a little photo update with photos from my new camera...This thread is becoming more like a journal now(LOL)

Looks great! Is that another powerhead in the bottom left hand side? I thought it might be....how's it working? Are you getting much detritus collecting?

Looks great! Is that another powerhead in the bottom left hand side? I thought it might be....how's it working? Are you getting much detritus collecting?

Thanks Nikki. Yeah, that's one of the Seios. It collects everything basically in the front of the tank under the Tunze's. Seems to be working well.

Looks great! Is that another powerhead in the bottom left hand side? I thought it might be....how's it working? Are you getting much detritus collecting

Nikki, can i borrow your eyes ?? seriously if you don't say anything i would have never seen it:oops:

spongebob lover said:
Nikki, can i borrow your eyes ?? seriously if you don't say anything i would have never seen it:oops:

I'm very observant :)...I've been known to spot redbugs on corals before the owner even realized they were there :oops:.

I was looking to see how Krish was going to keep detritus from collecting on the bottom, so I noticed the cord.

I'm very observant ...I've been known to spot redbugs on corals before the owner even realized they were there .

that's awesome Nikki, that way for sure you know if you are putting something bad in your tank :D .
Still i think i need some good glasses, sometimes i don't even notice the big things :shock:

LOL...Enjoy the look of the tank now. I may be pulling it down Saturday to put down some white starboard on the bottom and re-aquascape.

If you use starboard make sure you get the thicker stuff. The 1/4" stuff curls up at the sides and looks like crap. Either that or glue it down.

If you use starboard make sure you get the thicker stuff. The 1/4" stuff curls up at the sides and looks like crap. Either that or glue it down.

Cool...Thanks Tom. I thought about going thick because I'm not sure if I will be draining the tank to glue it down. I'm contemplating something else before the weekend. Maybe you might know the answer...

Isn't there a calculator somewhere for calculating flow for a pre-filter? Like spacing between the teeth, tooth size etc? A friend of mine owns a glass company here and we talked a bit today and if I decide to go a head with my "idea", I'm going to drain the tank and drill it in the back wall and have an overflow built to replace my cpr. I wanted to put the acrylic background on the inside of the tank so that it could match the overflow, but I have a center brace which prohibits me from putting in one solid piece. So my thought was to use 2 seperate pieces of acrylic say 20 inches long, glue it on both sides of the tank on the ends(which will leave a gap in the center about 8 inches) and then glue in the overflow dead center afterwards which will overlap the 2 side pieces to make it look like one whole piece. I'm just curious as to what size teeth I would need, length and spacing etc to have the overflow made to handle about 800 gph using 1.25 inch pvc. Know of a calculator that does that???

LOL !!! Krish, i tell you dood first you are complaining about the flow and now you wanna drain your tank.
On the other hand i think it's a good idea to put something under your rocks just in case :p i mean i know you are good at aquascaping but still.
Now how are you gonna drill that tank?? i don't get it .. i thought it was really hard to drill glass tanks?
Ohh well i hope Huge T can answer :) .

It's hard to drill tempered(LOL) Not sure if I will go ahead with that project though...Just tossing up some ideas. But definately changing the look in the tank and putting down some star board. I have 2 days set aside this weekend to see what I can do with my rock (compliments of OCD:D ) But I want it to look more natural and not so symmetrical like it has been described (in a nice way;) ) I hope I can pull it off...The Bahamas photos may be put off for another week if I don't get done in time.

Back