Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I should have a new picture tomorrow night of a little DIY project I hope to get done tomorrow to my CPR overflow. I am getting some blue acrylic to cover the clear/black acrylic piece of the CPR overflow that sits in the tank so it can kinda disappear into my background. I will post a picture of it if I get it done.

Also, my magnet mount for my Tunze was delivered to my freight forwarder today and hopefully I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday the latest.

One more also, I go to Orlando Friday (Yahoo!) for a week and will get another or maybe 2 more Tunze streams. I've gotten a little advice (in a round about kinda way) from a very intellegent member here and will probably re-aquascape my tank when I get back so it won't be so symmetrical. My OCD for some reason pushes me to having everything in "balance" with one side of the tank having to match the other, and I just need the extra motivation to tear down and try something new. So I got some decisions to make and some planning to do as to whether or not I will re-aquascape. I figured when I add the corals to my current setup that should add the diversity I need, but then again, not too sure. Hopefully if I do re-aquascape, it won't be as frustrating and not another 8 hr aquascape project.

I should have a new picture tomorrow night of a little DIY project I hope to get done tomorrow to my CPR overflow. I am getting some blue acrylic to cover the clear/black acrylic piece of the CPR overflow that sits in the tank so it can kinda disappear into my background. I will post a picture of it if I get it done.

LOL!!!!!!!! :lol: ohhh boy now you are killing me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, since the magnet mount will soon be here and I'm re-modeling the CPR, I'll just throw this photo in here from the other thread for the record of the Tunze on the dumb bracket and the Seio's shooting down the backwall...and yeah, no canopy because of the Tunze bracket!

Today really sucked! My Tunze magnet didn't come and the blue acrylic overflow mod thingy came out nicely, but didn't match the blue for the backround! I should have known that before I started because the blue acrylic I have for my backround is behind the tanks glass and the piece for the overflow is on the other side of the glass...Screw it!

well it sucks that you didn't get your Tunxze :(.. but it will come dood !! :) .
you can't match up everything dood :D unless you paint it :shock: :D .

LOL...It's the same color acrylic, just one is in the tank and the other outside the tank so the glass makes it appear different colors.

I moved the Tunze to the back of the tank and put my canopy back on. Hopefully I'll get the magnet mount tomorrow. If not...Aw well...

Krish - what does your wife think about the color difference? Is it that noticable? or is your OCD making you think it is too far off? :)

Krish - what does your wife think about the color difference? Is it that noticable? or is your OCD making you think it is too far off?

Hardy har har:lol: It was my OCD that didn't want it black, so an off blue wouldn't work either. I just let it be because, yeah, my wife says I was being rediculous so I just tossed the blue piece:D

What's going to happen when it becomes covered in coralline? ;) Let the back and the little box get covered in coralline, then all will be the same :)

That's what I'm waiting on, but it isn't growing on the backwall yet. Soon though...Things are looking pretty good in the tank and my nitrates have dropped again. The highest it ever was from startup was 10ppm and now it 5ppm. I will pick up a few things when I go away for the tank and will probably be looking into a calcium reactor...We shall see.

I got my Tunze magnet finally! I will install it when I get home. A word of wisdom to anyone considering the magent mounts...Follow the instructions and Never put them together! It is almost impossible to pry apart!(LOL)

I go away tomorrow so when I get back, it will be pictures, pictures, pictures from my tank and new things for it as well as The Bahamas in general and Bahamian reefs (when the water warms up) But I will post macro's and other shots of things you can find at low tide...

krish75 said:
I got my Tunze magnet finally! I will install it when I get home. A word of wisdom to anyone considering the magent mounts...Follow the instructions and Never put them together! It is almost impossible to pry apart!(LOL)

Krish, did you do that??? :lol: You must not have read my post: Single Post #412

Krish, did you do that??? You must not have read my post: Single Post #412

LOL...Yeah I read it and that's why I didn't try it(LOL) I figured if it was hard to pull apart with that thick piece of styrofoam between it then completely together would be a pain(LOL)

I am just about ready to place my order with Premium Aquatics. I am just waiting on Rob to get back in from lunch. I'm still not sure if I will be getting the 1850 gph Tunze with the single controller or if I will be getting (2) more 1600 gph Tunze's. I guess it will be a spur of the moment decision as I really have no idea. I'm afraid that (3) 1600 gph Tunzes with my 700 gph return (sea-swirl) may wreck the tank, but I feel (2) Tunzes will be lacking in some of the lower areas of my tank.:rolleyes: Decisions decisions...If I go with the 2 Tunzes extra I will have 5500 gph of flow in the tank! How's that sound? Too much???

K...Just ordered the Tunze stream kit with the single controller (1850 gph) as well as the "Y" adaptor and extra nozzle for my sea-swirl. So I will see how that works out for me. Flow wise, I will have 1600 gph from (1) Tunze, 1850 gph from another Tunze and 700 gph return through a sea-swirl. I still have the (2) Seio's @ 820 gph each, but not sure if I will use them (atleast I hope not to).

K...It's been fun guys, but I have a plane to catch. I may be online late tonight and early for a second tomorrow, but definately on Tuesday. Take care all:)

yuuhhuuu !!!
i'm glad you finally got that Tunze magnet :D!!! you should have listen to Nikki:rolleyes: , but ohh well at least i can imagine you trying to separate them :lol:

I got my new camera!!! And got confirmation that my order from Premium Aquatics will be here by 11:00 in the morning! The camera wasn't the exact one I wanted, but the best Nikon the store had. We shall see what she can do. See you guys online full time Sunday when I get back home. Got a lot of new ideas, info and photos to be sharing soon, but nothing until I get back home.

I hope everyone is doing well...

Back