Krish's Bahamian inspired 90 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sorry to here bout the clowns i gota couple damsels or to black clowns u can have but when u gonna get some corals in there man im itching to see the offerings of ur local ocean ive seen a few sticky tiped anaemoes out where i live and some nice fish but dont know how to catch them or the room in my tank loving the rock work i would love to be able to redo mine in an awsome new way but its so hard keep up the good work and lets see more pics man

Thanks guys...I hope to get something on Friday. I'll let you guys know for sure.

Sorry for the "quickie hijack" Krish, but I gotta keep up on this "techie stuff".

No problem Barry(LOL) Any thread of mine is free to be hijacked:D

Last edited:
sorry to here bout the clowns i gota couple damsels or to black clowns u can have but when u gonna get some corals in there man im itching to see the offerings of ur local ocean ive seen a few sticky tiped anaemoes out where i live and some nice fish but dont know how to catch them or the room in my tank loving the rock work i would love to be able to redo mine in an awsome new way but its so hard keep up the good work and lets see more pics man

Thanks man...I'm going to add some corals as soon as the water warms up enough for me(LOL) You should have some great marine life over there...Just don't catch any box jellyfish!:shock:

Things went well for me today for once! I tried the closed loop once again to see if it will work and it finally did. I glued the whole head of my mag7 with some weldon just incase it wanted to leak again and it didn't. I'd say that after about 5 minutes of running, all of the micro air bubbles had stopped and all I had was clean flow. Now I know how it really works and that it can be a quiet operation. My only problem is the white PVC. If I had an acrylic tank then I wouldn't have a problem, but because I have to go over the top, i'll have to think it over because I'm not into seeing any pipe!!!. I'm leaning towards a Tunze stream at this point...I may order one tomorrow and if I like it, order another one and swap out the 2 Seio's. The seios are working well for me keeping detritus etc in the water column in suspension, but not really blowing anything off of the rocks. I'll see what happens...

im on the wrong coast for box jelly fish only couple of big sharks to worry bout tigers white pointers reef black tips bronze whalers grey nurse port jackson lol theres more but hey im sure ppl want to swim when they cum to australia i havdnt thought of this till u said it but could u keep a really small type of jelly in a reef tank seeming how the jelly fish is a type of coral any ideas or best left for speicemen tank

Not sure about keeping a jellyfish. The only tanks I've seen with them are species tanks. They may try and eat your fish(LOL)

keeping a jellyfish

keeping a jellyfish= power heads no good

krish75 said:
Not sure about keeping a jellyfish. The only tanks I've seen with them are species tanks. They may try and eat your fish(LOL)

yeh i can imagine therereally nice purple ones only 2 cm long and ive swam pasta couple and they break if u paddle to fast past them ow and u know how u have your rock equaly spaced front to back thats a good idea dose that maybe help the tank cause my rock is pretty much up againts the back cause its only 14 inches deep u can tell its meant to be a fresh water tank but thats what u get when u buy second hand aye but i did get it really cheap and fully stocked with fish corals shrimp rock etc

morgan said:
im on the wrong coast for box jelly fish only couple of big sharks to worry bout tigers white pointers reef black tips bronze whalers grey nurse port jackson lol theres more but hey im sure ppl want to swim when they cum to australia i havdnt thought of this till u said it but could u keep a really small type of jelly in a reef tank seeming how the jelly fish is a type of coral any ideas or best left for speicemen tank

Jellyfish really do need a special type of tank. I remember reading at one time the corners of standard tanks are bad for jellyfish. I can't remember if its because they get stuck in the corners? That is the reason when you see jellyfish on display in aquariums they are in rounded tanks.

morgan said:
u know how u have your rock equaly spaced front to back thats a good idea dose that maybe help the tank cause my rock is pretty much up againts the back

I think keeping the rock off the back of the tank does help, especially when talking about flow/circulation. IMO, too much rock stacked at the back will create dead spots where detritus can collect.

i agree with Nikki :) you can get into some trouble for having rock against the tank.
i think jelly fishes are awesome as long as you are not close to them :p, i think i wouldn't like to get sting by one :D , so i'd definetly wouldn't keep one.
Morgan dood, you live in a nice looking place but with very scary animals :D , i'm sure you are used to it though :p .
(ohh and just one little thing i always like to say is ... i love australian accent, you guys speak so so so kewl seriously, i love hearing Australian people talk !! )

I swam into a patch of man-o-war summer and it wasn't fun. I had to go to the doctor ad get an injection because I was having muscle spasms etc. So I stay away from them(LOL)

Yes Morgan...Centering your rock like I did helps a lot with flow. Anything that falls off of the rock or is blown of can be easily removed. Do you have any photos of your tank? I'd love to see it (hint hint :) )

krish75 said:
My only problem is the white PVC. If I had an acrylic tank then I wouldn't have a problem, but because I have to go over the top, i'll have to think it over because I'm not into seeing any pipe!!!.

Dark gray PVC pipe is available along with fittings, valves, etc., and is rather pleasing to the eye VS white, and would all but dissappear behind your tank.( or even in your tank )

I think this is the link.
www.ryanherco.com

Best of luck bud! > Wave98 :D

I figured I'd stop "beating around the bush" and order the tunze stream with the controller. I tried to call Premium Aquatics 4 times today and never got through. I'm just trying to see when they will have the magnet mounts in so I can place my order. More than likely it will be this one http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...oduct_Code=T6110.00&Category_Code=Tunze_pumps
When I order, I will have it sent to Orlando and I'll bring it back home with me when I return from vacation next month. If I bring it back with me, I can claim exemption (we are exempt from paying $300.00 worth of duty 3 times a year). That should add a little more flow in there(LOL)

BTW, No fishies till Tuesdday. So, I have to wait until then...

Back