Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very cool Ron! The pic of the butterfly on the main page we have tons of and I've caught a few but they never make it. Basically you have to have rocks in there teaming with new life and parasites for them to survive. I stopped trying to catch them after a while...

really???? i am going to try to find another good snorkel spot ..maybe there will be some other kinds of fish there...i had no idea we had tangs until a week or two ago...i think i just never paid attention...i didn't really know the names of fish when i used to snorkel alot..i might have seen a butterfly and didn't know it!!

So I said today, "No more stings!!!" I got a little one here to take care of now and can't afford to get stung by this and that or rub up against fire coral so I went and bought everything I'd need to cover my entire body seeing I'm going for a swim tomorrow morning looking for some stuff for my tank. The only thing that will be exposed is my the top of my head and what my mast doesn't cover. I figuresd I'd buy the water shoes for shallow water when I don't need fins to chase fish and can walk around. So here's what I bought! I'll take some pics tomorrow of my findings. I plan to get a few small fish for my tank and some more corals. If I can find a small enough anemone, that is top on my list:)

WOW! Since I am newer than a lot of people here, I am still puzzled: How did you swing living in the Bahamas, you lucky badword?
And I realize that you don't know me, but I think my hubby and I would like to visit you (LOL)!
And I understand you have a new baby? Well, congrats!

Great pictures Krish. It was a week of sailing and snorkeling in the Bahamas 3 years ago that got me interested in having a reef tank. My husband and I did not get the opportunity to visit the Alantis but now wish I had. We flew into Nassau got on the sailboat and left for a week, returned and flew out the
next morning.

I am now about 6 months into this hobby with a lot of help from our long time friends Balogh03.

WOW! Since I am newer than a lot of people here, I am still puzzled: How did you swing living in the Bahamas, you lucky badword?
And I realize that you don't know me, but I think my hubby and I would like to visit you (LOL)!
And I understand you have a new baby? Well, congrats!

Thanks on the congrats and not calling me a bad word :lol: I notice a lot here and have seen a few of your posts. I was actually born here in the Bahamas which is kinda cool for the hobby. If ever you guys want to come down, I'll extend the same invitation I do to you guys as I do anyone here...Just let me know and I will do my best to show you guys around and see some cool reefs. I made a great friend here Rob (from Premium Aquatics) and he came down for a week on his honeymoon. He had a blast, but I felt bad because I couldn't take him out in the boat because of the baby just being born, but he still enjoyed himself. Anytime....Just let me know:)

Great pictures Krish. It was a week of sailing and snorkeling in the Bahamas 3 years ago that got me interested in having a reef tank. My husband and I did not get the opportunity to visit the Alantis but now wish I had. We flew into Nassau got on the sailboat and left for a week, returned and flew out the
next morning.

I am now about 6 months into this hobby with a lot of help from our long time friends Balogh03.

Very cool! And I'm glad you love the pics! Atlantis is un-real and are expanding as we speak. They work 24/7 when doing construction so when this phase is finished, they will have a water park, dolphins, sea lions and all kinds of new stuff to add to that great hotel. I will defiantely get some pics when they are finished!:)

As for today, Andrew and I went out for a bit to see what we could find and we got this cool nurse shark for his 75gal!. The shark was in only about 2ft of water if that! Beautiful shark! I will add some pics of the other things I got once they are settled in my tank as well as some of the shark in Andrew's (Papa John's) tank when I get down there but until then, here's the shark. He was caught by Andrew with his hands:eek: The guy in the photo holding the shark in Andrew

Here's something a bit different. I took my little girl and my godchild for an outting to feed the turtles, ducks and fish. Here are some photos. Quite different from salt water...

And my little one (Emily) in the car seat and Hailee

wwouu dood that's some very green water but you haven't seen what green is all about :p .... you should go check out Mexico city's ponds or parks :p .
now that picture of haille and Emily is very cute !!! :) you know i'm starting to see some of your face features on her :) ...... well you know what i mean

you know i'm starting to see some of your face features on her ...... well you know what i mean

I hope you mean Emily because if you are referring to Hailee, you may get me in trouble:lol:

Oh, she is just precious. Actually both are. You must have dark hair. How old is she now. Any new pics of the new baby (coral),lol.

Back