Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You have to open your eyes.

ohh yeah i forgot about that :p :lol: .

that picture of the conch with the eyes is kind of creepy, the french angel is really cute :) .
now that fish with the bone..... what the heck... he looks cute at first until he opened the mouth :p:lol:.

LOL!! Barracudas love them!!! You can always tell when one is being chased because they basically run on water:lol:

Here are a few more not fish related.

This is Fort Montague. If you look good you can see the once active cannons there

Here's a brokedown Texaco that you can pull up to in your boat to fill up. Check the price on diesel! :eek: Gas isn't up there but it's over $4 per gal

Well!!! I'm taking the day off tomorrow to spend the entire day from 6:00 am spearing fishing around different reefs! Tomorrow is opening day for crawfish season. I don't eat them, but enjoy the sport and just give my share to family and friends that do eat them. The crawfish we have here looks like lobsters, but more colorful. The legal size is nothing less than a 6 inch tail. Which means the smalles crawfish you can get total is about 10-12 inches long. Some people catch them using traps, but we use spears and slings. I have some friends that crawfish for a living and the August trip alone, one of my friends says he usualyy makes about $100,000! :eek: Crawfish sells for about $18 per lb. I will take my camera of course and get some pics:)

Well!!! I'm taking the day off tomorrow to spend the entire day from 6:00 am spearing fishing around different reefs! Tomorrow is opening day for crawfish season. I don't eat them, but enjoy the sport and just give my share to family and friends that do eat them. The crawfish we have here looks like lobsters, but more colorful. The legal size is nothing less than a 6 inch tail. Which means the smalles crawfish you can get total is about 10-12 inches long. Some people catch them using traps, but we use spears and slings. I have some friends that crawfish for a living and the August trip alone, one of my friends says he usualyy makes about $100,000! Crawfish sells for about $18 per lb. I will take my camera of course and get some pics

ohh ohh algae boy is going loose :D :lol: ..... i'm sure you'll have fun dood.

As some of you know they day didn't go so well...If not, here's the thread.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

I managed to get one pic before coming in so here is what a crawfish looks like. I didn't have the color setting adjusted so everything looks yellow :oops: These ones here just made the legal limit by having a 6 inch tail. The whole crawfish in this pic is about 12 inches total not including the "whips". They sell here for about $18 per lb and up until about noon, we had 40. We catch them by using a sling and spear:)

Last edited:
Krish those things taste great esp with some butter and garlic.:D I know them as spiny lobsters.

Brian

Cool! My wife is saving them to eat after the baby comes. That's when I'll go out for a few hours because I hate the scent :eek:

I love all of your pictures, these are awesome! Can't wait for more, and I'm glad you're okay after that bad day!

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for the concern.:) I wish I could say I'm feeling better, but just threw up a few times again :doubt: Hopefully things will get better soon:)

Back