Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish we loved our stay when we visited. My son was in heaven in the water with sharks swimming around. But i think the highlight was when a school of bait fish swam with us for protection from two Baracudas. Probably the hardest fish to photograph under water. Clear water, sun, white sand, and a silver fish equal great camo!!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Krish we loved our stay when we visited. My son was in heaven in the water with sharks swimming around. But i think the highlight was when a school of bait fish swam with us for protection from two Baracudas. Probably the hardest fish to photograph under water. Clear water, sun, white sand, and a silver fish equal great camo!!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Nice! Barracudas will scare anything, but a shark in the water haha

Very nice photos.

Thanks! :)

Where those Baracudda or whahoo? Nice Dolfin fish or el dorado.......Must be nice.

The ones with the big teeth? If so, barracuda lol

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Had a bad rain spell here last night and many houses got destroyed with water, but luckily we didn't get any. Anyways here is what these crazy Bahamians were doing in the stormy weather lol

spjg3r.jpg

I look outside and just see trees, go out on the road and see roadkill, go swimming and it's still too cold. Someone fast play the worlds smallest violin for me. I LOVE THIS THREAD!

So you'll want more updates then?

A few pics from Treasure Cay (Abaco) my wifes cousin visited last weekend. Their parents have a condo there. Here are a few pics.

Bad weather, but kids still swimming lol.

iqcto1.jpg

Better day

a1pmhf.jpg

3359kx1.jpg

2ypgppe.jpg

2qalg6t.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine is a lawyer and professional photographer. I posted some of his pics earlier in the thread, but here are a few more. His name is Shane Pinder.

2ni5r1s.jpg

343ht1u.jpg

2m3slxj.jpg

av0yme.jpg

2lawj88.jpg

Man Krish i love it ever year when you post new pics of our dreams. Thanks Man!

Haha! No problem. We go to another island the end of July for a week so I will get more pics. Also, I should have JVC's version of the GoPro next week so we will have some video footage in here as well of underwater etc. :)

Yea, should be interesting!

A friend went fishing and caught these.

2ltr88k.jpg

rqvktx.jpg

Shot he got underwater

2h3twrp.jpg

They also had a lion fish tournament here to help eradicate them out of our waters seeing they aren't native to us and my buddy came in second place. Here's what they got.

9ussg4.jpg

Last edited:
I assuming you can eat those in the last pictures? If so Fire Up the GRILL! And of course there's nothing like fresh Tune and was that snapper?

Nothing better than fresh tuna!!

Looks like red snapper to me and maybe one Dorado(dolphin fish) .

Sent from the great beyond via Tapatalk 2.5!!

Yea, that's a red snapper you usually catch in really deep water and there is a small dolphin among the tuna. That's actually a dolphin in that mako's mouth as well! As for the lionfish, they are supposed to be one of the sweetest tasting fish. They aren't poisonous...Just venomous if it pricks you. They had some guys come in from the US to teach the locals how to properly clean and cook them. They aren't supposed to be in our waters and are wreaking havoc throughout the Bahamas and even further south in Caribbean like Jamaica which is why they set up these tournaments in an effort to get rid of them. If e locals can find a way to make some money at the same time them good for them. :)

Looks like I have to go back to the Bahamas and do some fishing!

Krish is there a good area to fish for Bonefish there?

Haven't really heard of anywhere around Nassau to bonefish, but have seen a lot of them in Eleuthera. In Grand Bahama growing up I can remember my day's friends fishing off of the beach catching them. :)

I will have to look into it. One of the fish I want to get on the fly rod!!!

Back