Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

One more quick update...

(1) I designed the sump and dropped off the drawing today to have it built as well. It's kind of a wierd looking thing if you ask me, but whatever:p . Once I have that as well as the closed loop in place, I will design a small refugium to suspend above my sump to keep some chaeto in, which I will just pump water from the sump up into the fuge and have the water drain back in to the sump. Should be nice if I have the space.:)

(2) The tank's dimension's changed slighly from 18 high to 20 high so now it is... 24x18x20 (LxWxH) The sumps dimensions are 20x14x14 (LxWxH)

and lastly...

(3) I got the formica to finish the stand (which I planned to tackle today but it is pouring rain) so I will get to that hopefully tomorrow. My next updat will more than likely have some pics:)

If you don't have the space, you could always downsize to a smaller tank!

ROFL! Anything smaller and I will need a telescope!:p I will get it all to work man...There is always a way. I just finished cutting up all the pieces of formica so all left to do to the stand and canopy is stick it down and router it. Can't wait for that crap to be over with!!! :)

Way to go Krish, now go take pictures then you can go to bed

LOL...I'll have pics tomorrow for sure! If I stay up any longer I will be edited all night for talking out of my head! :eek: (LOL)

LOL !! Krish that's the fun part... when you took your pills and you're here :D

Well if you downsize again... you can always go with hmm... either sea horses and if you think that's big .... then may be microbacteria would be the next step :lol: :lol: :D

Hey krish, I didnt read through the whole thread, but if you built that stand and canopy, and your stand and canopy for the 75 then you got some skillz!! looks great Krish, keep the pics coming as you go...

Matt

LOL !! Krish that's the fun part... when you took your pills and you're here

Well if you downsize again... you can always go with hmm... either sea horses and if you think that's big .... then may be microbacteria would be the next step

I think you just love to se me make an idiot of myself Gabbs:p

Hey krish, I didnt read through the whole thread, but if you built that stand and canopy, and your stand and canopy for the 75 then you got some skillz!! looks great Krish, keep the pics coming as you go...

Matt

Thanks Matt! I built this stand and canopy, the one for the 75gal, I didn't build because I didn't have the time to. I can't wait for this one to be finished which I'm hoping will be retty much finished tonight when I tackle it after work.:)

I am waiting to see this progress. I like the set up so far

Thanks Ron...I'll try not to dissapoint you:p

I think you just love to se me make an idiot of myself Gabbs

naww but you kick up the threads real good :D .

Thanks Matt! I built this stand and canopy, the one for the 75gal, I didn't build because I didn't have the time to. I can't wait for this one to be finished which I'm hoping will be retty much finished tonight when I tackle it after work.

yeah the guy who made it everytime that he sees Krish, he has money signs on his eyes :p :lol: .

I don't think you could disappoint me Krish. Your awsome man.

:) Thanks man... I hope to post pics when I get home tomorrow. I had a bit of trouble with the router bit tonight as well as some rain getting on a few things so I'm taking the day off tomorrow to get the stand and canopy completed. So see you guys then:)

K...Got the stand and canopy "finished" today. It is done, but I want to shave 1.5 inches off of the canopy doors so that it would match the stand doors better. I feel like total crap now... :doubt: I don't know if it was from inhaling too much of the contact cement fumes today as well as inhaling all the saw dust and formica dust, but I was coughing blood for about 20 minutes! I need to wear a mask, but it makes me feel like I'm suffocating...Anyways, here's the pic. I'll post another one of more angles as soon as I shave that inch and a half off of the canopy doors:)

Awe dood that looks sweet! Man come do mine, way quicker than stain!!

Thanks Scooty! I'd rather stain ANYDAY than to formica! I don't think I will ever mess with formica again! From now on I will be strictly staining...

Krish My man it looks awsome dude. You do great work for sure. Think a 175 watt MH on that tank would be about right man.

Thanks Bob...Glad you like!:) I'm still there trying to decide on a few things as far as equipment goes. I talked to my buddy today and he says he will get started on Monday with the tank and sump so I have a bit of time to decide on lights and stuff. I just want this darn stand and canopy to be totally done with so I can focus my attention elsewhere. Everything should be the way want it tomorrow:)

OH BTW...This is only the second time I've ever tried to formica anything in my life! :eek: Not too bad though...:)

Back