Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dood that looks really pretty !!!!
you and Ramon did a great job :), but seriously let us know how you feel tomorrow ok.

Wow that looks Great Krish!! Fantasic work. T5's would be plenty in that tank. Even for light sensitive corals. If you are set on MH though have a look at the viper lights that JBJ has.

you and Ramon did a great job

Thanks Gabbs and also, Ramon didn't help. I put him to work!:p

Came out Great bro, Makes for easy clean up as well. No salt creep you cant wipe off. Nice job!!

Yeah, that's one good thing about formica...Cleans really good

Wow that looks Great Krish!! Fantasic work. T5's would be plenty in that tank. Even for light sensitive corals. If you are set on MH though have a look at the viper lights that JBJ has.

Thanks Ron! I'll take a look at those lights. I have my eyes on a Coralife HQI, PC with moon light fixture though...Still haven't decided.:)

K...Here she is all finished. I think??? :confused: (LOL) I should have taken a picture with the doors open, but forgot to. In any event, the canopy and stand is all open. It looks like there is a center brace between to door, but that is a piece that is attached to one of the doors. So I can slide a sump in and out easily in there without any trouble etc. Hope to have some photos by next weekend of the new tank and sump:)

I still have to finish up the staining on the inside of the cabinet and canopy but here is the space I have to work with on the inside of each. Also, I still need to put in some vents as well.

Awe yea man great work, I like the hinges you used, very solid!

Thanks Scooty! That was the first time I ever used hidden hinges. The carpenter who did my 75gal stand and canopy as well as all of our cabinets in our Townhouse used them. Sure gives it a great look when the doors are closed not having to see any hinges at all:)

Yea very clean looking also, I like that. I may have to give them a try If I ever get to that point doood!

Yea very clean looking also, I like that. I may have to give them a try If I ever get to that point doood!

You'll get there man................Eventually:p(LOL) Make sure if you get those hinges, you get the bit and template to do the holes. Makes it sooo easy. I ended up giving my friend the template last night since he uses those hinges all the time, but I kept the bit because he had one already.

I just wanted to update things here and let everyone know what I had decided on using for the new setup as well as the progress on the tank and sump.

As far as equipment goes here's what I will be using that I purchased earlier this week and was delivered to my freight forwarder today:

-Quiet One 6000 pump (external pump @ 1506gph for closed loop)

-New twist top Two Little Fishies Phosban reactor (tired of the old one with all the screws! :mad: )

- PFO Single 250w Metal Halide Ballast, with the single 12 inch reflector, mogule socket, quick disconnect and 12K reeflux bulb (which I want to try to see how the spectrum looks)

- Tons of lockline bits and pieces, bulkheads, some true union ball-valves etc. The 3/4 bulkheads I planned on using for the returns were out of stock so I had them put on back order which means I should hopefully have them by next weekend. I will have 4 outputs for the closed loop all with probably "Y"s on each (2 outputs up top and 2 outputs to blow off the bottom) and then I'll will do something with the return coming from my sump (maybe some surface aggitation)

stuff from the 75gal I will be using is:

- AquaC EV-120 skimmer with mag5

- Pacific Coast CL-280 chiller

- Via Aqua return pump (approx. 700-750 gph)

- Coral life 18w PC light for fuge

- A few of the fans for the new canopy as well as the power supplies

As for the tank and sump, I talked to my friend today who's company is building them and he said everything is all cut up and ready to assemble on Monday so I should have everything by Tuesday afternoon or so. Once I get everything, then I can decide if there is anything else I may need etc. I didn't want to kill my own thread with posting here with no pics so next update will be with pictures and will be when all the fun begins as I drill and plumb the new tank etc. Things should get really fun and interesting here pretty soon:)

nashes teeth,turns green with envy **** good on ya dude, a fantastic start and sure to be a stellar finish keep the pics coming. oh and i wondered is that notch in the tank for the 2x4 gonna be hard to clean around???laters man

tankrupt said:
nashes teeth,turns green with envy **** good on ya dude, a fantastic start and sure to be a stellar finish keep the pics coming. oh and i wondered is that notch in the tank for the 2x4 gonna be hard to clean around???laters man

:lol: Are you gonna stain it also? the 2x4? :lol:

Maui :D

Back