Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ROFL! Well, you know I'm always up to something so once I get this thing setup I will have to put a bit of Krish's touch to it. I need to see the thing infront of me first to see what all I can do with it:D I ordered the HQI 24 gal Aquapod and AquaC Remora skimmer to hang on it. Then I will hang my phosban reactor on the back and I have some Maxi jets as well as ordered another one for now:)

Sounds pretty cool, I am sure you will let us see lots of pictures when you get this thing, and I am sure you will make it look cool. I will have to borrow a digital camera and take some pictures of mine to post as well.

Krish, keep a cool head and give it some time, everything will work out. Sounds cheesy but it's true. Honestly I think once you settle into a new life with a baby and STOP MESSING WITH YOUR TANK :lol:, you will be able to enjoy what you have. I find constant fiddling leads to frustration and apathy.

Not trying to hijack or anything but i think about ditching the tank scene and doing a shark lagoon a lot! I really thought about it and asked people that have done it and i think it is the cheaper route for me. Hell my electric bill went up almost $10 a month just by running 2 250 MH&T5 fixture. I mean i am almost at 40 a month in electric. My LFS runs a pond in his basement with a hammerhead and a skimmer and just fluorescent bulbs (not vho) and its around $10 a month! I think that i will be ditching the tank for sure when i get my own place and doing a pond for sure and maybe a nano just for a reef but i doubt it. Thats just me though.

LOL...I'm cool man. Thanks:) I got to spend more money which is always relaxing:p Atleast now, my wife will be happy about the electricity bill, I can put the tank anywhere I want in the house and not cause a problem and I can still have a small reef;)

Not trying to hijack or anything but i think about ditching the tank scene and doing a shark lagoon a lot! I really thought about it and asked people that have done it and i think it is the cheaper route for me. Hell my electric bill went up almost $10 a month just by running 2 250 MH&T5 fixture. I mean i am almost at 40 a month in electric. My LFS runs a pond in his basement with a hammerhead and a skimmer and just fluorescent bulbs (not vho) and its around $10 a month! I think that i will be ditching the tank for sure when i get my own place and doing a pond for sure and maybe a nano just for a reef but i doubt it. Thats just me though.

You can't hijack a hijacker:p Yeah, that pond idea was cool! I wish my electricity bill only went up $10. It went up $300! :eek: I don't really care, but my wife does(LOL)

I wish my electricity bill only went up $10. It went up $300! :eek: I don't really care, but my wife does(LOL)

Stop complaining you guys, mine went up $100, an increase of 242%. That's with cheap hydro power, 8.8 cents/kWh. And I still haven't set up my 400W halides.

Krish, $300 sounds like a lot for a 75 gallon tank?

...It's worse. This tank is only 38gal. I sold the 75gal a few months ago:p

Ahh, yeah, I knew that. :rolleyes:

So $300 to power a 38-gallon tank? Can't you bribe the power commisioner or something?

If I was your wife I'd buy you a goldfish bowl with a 19W flourescent bulb!

LOL! Well...The aquapod won't be pulling near what this tank is. My chiller alone probably pulls more than the Aquapod:p

What contributed to the increase? The chiller running more? The addtional CL pumps shouldn't have increased it that much..

I think they did James. For some reason I can't hold my hand on the pump anymore without it getting too hot. It's weird...I put a fan on them last night to try and cool them down, but they never ran that hot before. If I shut the 2 closed loop pumps off, my chiller doesn't cut in half as much anymore, but when I turn it back on, then it runs almost all the time. Even with the lights off, I can heat up my water from 81F to 86F (if the chiller's off) in about 3 hours or so and that's with the rooms temperature at 77F! :eek:

That's a lot of heat from 2 small pumps. Not that your going to do it now, but did you ever think of replacing the pumps with something else? Just seems like a lot of heat and energy being used. Considering you used to run your 75G cheaper.

Yeah...I thought about it, but I don't have the time to re-plumb etc to possibly end up with the same issues. It's weird though how the pumps heat up so much now. I don't know if it has anything to do with the electricity company screwing around but the power dipped really low a few times and my pumps started freaking out but they resumed pumping afterwards without any issues just the heat it would appear. Who knows...I may just store the tank and sump (sell off the rest of the stuff and mess with it when I get bored later on down the road) We shall see, but right now, I just want to sit back and enjoy my time with my little girl and wife and not be frustrated because work is doing that enough for me right now! One of my guys is going "Bye Bye" Friday because I can't deal with him anymore. He's costing us too much money messing up new cars and hasn't learned a thing in 3 months so I gotta get rid of all the stress:)

Well, here's my new thread below. I'm going to miss this setup, but sometimes you have to make a sacrifice in life so I'm doing what I have to (again), but not too worried. I'm sure I will have just as much fun with the cube because I was never big on tons of fish and really isn't that much different in size anyways. I doubt I will update any more pics here so you can see how things progress in the thread below. I can honestly say I won't be starting anymore threads for new tanks anytime soon. From this one it will be either nothing or a really big tank when we sell our townhouse and buy a house. So thanks for looking guys and watching this tank grow into my first one with corals. The journey continues:p

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18857

I may store just the tank and sump for a while if no-one wants the whole setup right away but shhhhh... The rest of the equipment goes;)

Back