Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
It is made out of 1/2 acrylic (the good stuff Tom uses...Is it called cellcast? :confused: Anyways, the same stuff) and the overflow slots were cut out on a laser. I'll have to get closeups but the whole tak is made out of clear and then he got 1/8 black acrylic, cut out all of the teeth for the overflow and then notched out a rectangle for the water to flow through. So in essence, the back wall is 5/8 thick!

just like my momma used to make:razz:

in your last picture Krish, on the floor to the right,or could it be a Bahamiam sun baked donut? be checking back soon. go man go , cheers

LOL...That is a thingy girls use in their hair. My little cousin flung it one day they were here and we couldn't find it because it was under the canopy on the floor:p

just like my momma used to make

You have a cool momma then:p

Just real short update...I did a leak test and everything went great so I just made the return manifold for the sump and now I'm going to attemp doing the swap. I'll post up some pictures when it is all done:)

LOL...Thanks guys!:D

Here are some more from tonight. Sorry, but no full tanks shots until tomorrow. Not enough light to take good pics so here's what I have so far. I spend almost 12 hours today getting it all together :eek: My thoughts...I'm going to need more flow. It's ok for now, but not enough. I guess it will have to be a nano stream when it comes out or something. We'll see...Also, I don't like the spectrum of the bulb (too blue) so I'm going to order a crisp 10k Monday morning.

Here's the filtration. It's amazing what can fit under such a small stand. I tested the sump for back siphon, and Tom, I'm good;) The water level only rises 3 inches total which leaves me with tons of play.

Here is a shot looking in the back of the canopy with the return I made for the sump and the fan. Also, the overflow. I have both 5 inch fans on in there and believe it or not, but my chiller hasn't turned on once for the day. The lights have been on for 4 hours now:)

Looks great man. Wish I was cool like you. LOL

LOL...The bulb isn't cool! :doubt: I hate the spectrum of the Reeflux 12k against the black backround. I have to find a 10K that is really crisp white. I guess I'll have to ask around...

Looks really good Krish..... Nice setup...

Thanks Ken...I wish I could have put up some pictures of the tank itself, but the lighting in the room was too dark to take photos of the tank and also, I don't know if I love the rockwork or what. I think this bulb is messing with my head so I may not do anything too drastic until I change it. :)

Krish, that sump isnt nearly as cluttered as i expected,you got room for at least another 2 grand worth of stuff in there. and stop running naked in traffic smoking is bad for your tank

Krish, that sump isnt nearly as cluttered as i expected,you got room for at least another 2 grand worth of stuff in there. and stop running naked in traffic smoking is bad for your tank

ROFL! I'm sure I can find a way to put $2000 more in there:p I really like this sump. I sat down there for about 1 hour trying to figure out a way to get an area to grow some macro in (fuge) and I think I've figured it out. We'll have to see how that goes, but it can work. The sump looks cluttered but it is really wide so I have more room than meets the eye;)

About being naked and smoking(LOL) I don't smoke man...Never have, never will especially not naked!! I'd be afraid I may drop some ash in the wrong place :shock: :lol:

Looks good my friend! Don't discount your bulb yet. It will go less blue as it breaks in a bit. Also it will look alot better when you get some stuff in there.

Looks good my friend! Don't discount your bulb yet. It will go less blue as it breaks in a bit. Also it will look alot better when you get some stuff in there.

Thanks Ron! I'm actually looking at a website Scooter gave me a while back comparing spectrums and brands. A very cool site that I think a lot of people would enjoy http://metricksystem.com/chris/250wcolour/ About my bulb, I've been running it for about 2 weeks now on my 75gal. I took out one of the 20K XM's to start breaking it in when I got it and up until today when I pulled it back out, if you were to walk in the room and look at the tank (75gal) you wouldn't be able to tell me that I had 2 different spectrum bulbs in there and if I told you there were, you couldn't tell me which side had what. I posted a picture here for scooter to see what the 20K XM looks like next to the 12K Reeflux and here is where you can see it. Scroll down to the pic:) http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059

I'm going to buy another bulb (a crisp white 10K) and just save the 12K for later when I get corals in there to see if I like it then. Hopefully I can get a few pics of the tank tomorrow:)

WOW! that is a blue 12k! I run 12.5k on mine it doesn't even compare to that blue. Infact I can tell the diffrence between the 14k Pheonix and mine.

WOW! that is a blue 12k! I run 12.5k on mine it doesn't even compare to that blue. Infact I can tell the diffrence between the 14k Pheonix and mine.

LOL...Maybe the bulb was packaged wrong:p I may screw in a 20K tomorrow and see if it looks any different, but on the 75gal, I couldn't see any...:)

hmmm yeah 10ks are white i like more the14k in my tank :p .

hey to bad that link Scooter dood gave you, doesn't do 175 :p .

krish75 said:
About being naked and smoking(LOL) I don't smoke man...Never have, never will especially not naked!! I'd be afraid I may drop some ash in the wrong place :shock: :lol:
Thats what Monica Lewinski said. LOL

Krish, nice looking tank. I still think that you are going to have to put some sort of cover installed over the right side because salt creep is going to be a problem with the bubbles popping and how high your water level is. Have fun Krish.

Back