Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yep, you can use my shotgun with some buckshot, it will make all the holes you will ever need:D

Take pics please, we can't just imagine what your saying with photos, sorta like show & tell huh? :)

Thank God! I wanna see some pictures already KRISH!!!!

Yep, you can use my shotgun with some buckshot, it will make all the holes you will ever need

Take pics please, we can't just imagine what your saying with photos, sorta like show & tell huh?

LOL...Well, here's the deal...If I happen to not get it tonight, then I won't log back on until I do:p Nevertheless, if I do get it, I won't log on until after I plumb it or I may take a break around 9:00 and post a few pics:)

K... I will see you guys online probably by the weekend or so! I just got off of the phone with the guy building the tank and it is finished, BUT it has to be cleaned up and a few edges need to be routered which means tomorrow morning now! :doubt: Makes me wish kinda wished I bought the 24 gal Aquapod one time because I get screwed all the time! That is the main reason why I built my own stand and canopy this time because I know I wouldn't let myself down... Anways, that puts me back even more than I wanted to be so I won't be back online until I get the freaking tank and I have it plumbed!

bah humbug.. we want tank,we want tank now!!! and pics(lots of pics) no pressure Krish just like get on it ok, oh how i remember the excitement generated when you first started this project now its like the girl you dated that never put out, we feel for you Krish hang tight

Sorry for the delay. Here are a few shots of the tank. Not the greatest, but an idea. I am going back downstairs now to try and plumb it so I'll be back later with more photos. Hopefully everything goes smoothly:)

Oh, BTW, the pipe you see on the left side of the tank is going to the closed loop. I'm putting some black acrylic there so you can't see it once I'm done plumbing etc.

Awe Dood that is going to flow water awesomely! You should have that thing with water by tonight:D & fish by tomorrow!
Very nice man, very nice, Now go get Errr Done!:eek:

man that is sweet!! awesome design for an external coast to coast nano!!
your acrylic guy does great work! how much did he charge you for it?
and i also like the formica, that must be a drag to cut and adhere...

Last edited:
hey that looks really kewl dood !!!
i think your tank is gonna look really neat .

Thanks Gabbs! It came out really nice:)

Awe Dood that is going to flow water awesomely! You should have that thing with water by tonight & fish by tomorrow!
Very nice man, very nice, Now go get Errr Done!

Thanks Scooty! The back of the tank is already plumbed:) I have it sitting on the patio airing out so I don't kill my wife with the fumes.:p I am very worried about all those joints on the back and I'm seriously thinking about getting some 5200 and going around ever joiunt with it to be safe! I may just run it first though and see how I did, but still...I don't like the idea of all that plumbing! :oops:

man that is sweet!! awesome design for an external coast to coast nano!!
your acrylic guy does great work! how much did he charge you for it?
and i also like the formica, that must be a drag to cut and adhere...

Thanks Mark! The tank believe it or not only costed me $250. It is made out of 1/2 acrylic (the good stuff Tom uses...Is it called cellcast? :confused: Anyways, the same stuff) and the overflow slots were cut out on a laser. I'll have to get closeups but the whole tak is made out of clear and then he got 1/8 black acrylic, cut out all of the teeth for the overflow and then notched out a rectangle for the water to flow through. So in essence, the back wall is 5/8 thick!

I will add some photos later of the plumbing on the back. The only things left to do is attach the pump to the closed loop, the drain line from the prefilter to the sump and make my little return spout and give her a test run. :)

krish75 said:
make my little return spout and give her a test run. :)

I'm a little return spout short and stout, here is my input here is my out..........:lol:

Looks sweet Krishman!
Do a happy dance yet?

Krish! that tank is going to LEAK! You have holes in the back!!!!

Kidding. Great looking tank man. Now get it filled with water would ya.

I'm a little return spout short and stout, here is my input here is my out..........

Looks sweet Krishman!
Do a happy dance yet?

ROFL! Better than being a tea cup:lol: Thanks Maui! It's finally getting somewhere:)

Krish! that tank is going to LEAK! You have holes in the back!!!!

LOL...Please say a prayer that it doesn't leak when I test it tomorrow! I think I may pitch the tank in the street if it does :shock:

Here's the closed loop and sump plumbed from the back. Only thing left to do is figure out my lockline setup and make a small return spout for the sump return. I'll water test it in the morning and if everything is fine, I should be able to do the swap tomorrow as well:)

krish75 said:
I'm seriously thinking about getting some 5200 and going around ever joiunt with it to be safe!

what is this?
I just purchased loc-tight Marine grade Epoxy for mine:D

Oh yea, Dood that is cool, looks solid man, imagine all that & more just twice as big & there you go, that is the back of mine, twice the holes also LOL :eek:

Dood can you shorten up the CL & move the pump on top where your inlet to the cl is?:confused:

Dood that is the tank I always wanted but I'd line up the holes to reduce the extra turn in the cl:)

Dood I'll trade you, just come here & get mine though, I can't drive that far, my back would hurt too much!:razz:

Dood can you shorten up the CL & move the pump on top where your inlet to the cl is?

Do you mean up on the stand next to the tank where the pvc come through? If so, the pump is way too big!! I'd have to cut off that whole left side of my stand for it to work. I had planned on putting it there first, but the pump said NO!:p

what is this?
I just purchased loc-tight Marine grade Epoxy for mine

ROFL! Before you use it read it! :p I read a bunch of them tonight when I ran to the hardware store to get some more glue and a lot of them said that you need to be careful that the acid in it or something like that doesn't dissolve what it is being put on (something like that) I'll have to read mine again to see exactly what it said, but could you imagine it dissolving the pvc cement :eek: I'm going to test mine withou first and if it leaks, I will have to call around and ask some questions.:p

Oh yea, Dood that is cool, looks solid man, imagine all that & more just twice as big & there you go, that is the back of mine, twice the holes also LOL

LOL! Yeah man...6 holes is enough for me! I just hope it doesn't leak!!!:)

The key to no leaks on bulkheads, DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM. Just get them hand tight and use a quarter turn with a wrench. If it leaks, another quarter turn, wash rinse repeat.

If you flatten the gasket it will leak. The nut on the bulk head will follow the thread design and you will have a small gap even though you think the gasket is tight. Took me 5 gabagillion bulkheads to learn this. Well, that and, an experienced person told me. :D

AWSOME and then some,going to be a winner, oh yeah where did the o ring come from??

Thanks man!! I sure hope so!! Now which O-ring are you talking about???

The key to no leaks on bulkheads, DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM. Just get them hand tight and use a quarter turn with a wrench. If it leaks, another quarter turn, wash rinse repeat.

If you flatten the gasket it will leak. The nut on the bulk head will follow the thread design and you will have a small gap even though you think the gasket is tight. Took me 5 gabagillion bulkheads to learn this. Well, that and, an experienced person told me.

Thanks Ron for the heads up and info. Tha was exactly what I did...Hand tighten and then used a pair of pliers and gave it an extra nudge. One of the bulkheads for the suction for the closed loop was kind of warped after I glued it all up so I had to cut it out and re-do it. Everything seems to be sitting nicely now so we'll see what happens tomorrow:)

in your last picture Krish, on the floor to the right,or could it be a Bahamiam sun baked donut? be checking back soon. go man go , cheers

Back