Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
Slow down "Noah"! You have to fix that leak first:p And then don't forget I have aged water and an already cycled and cured tank to transfer from :D

cheater :lol:

Soon! My bulkheads are on the island from what I understand and I justhave to drop them off to get the holes drilled for the closed loop.

i just hope they're not in the wrong island :lol: .

I think Krish is trying to put corals in his new tank before me! Well at least I have water circulating first

i can bet you anyday that you'll have corals before Krish :p :lol: .

Very funny Gabby!:p

Quick update:

I saw the tank today and it looks great!!! I got the bulkheads and dropped off one for the guy to go by and I showed him where I needed them all to go. So all that is left is a leak test, attach the back portion of the overflow on to the tank (prefilter) and drill my holes, so I will have the tank tomorrow for sure. I will post pics after work tomorrow:)

Well its about Damn time KRISH!

You've got my mouth all watering and watering to see your tank but you never get your tank! I better see some pics soon. I don't want to have to fly to the bahamas and hunt you down to see your tank.

Well its about Damn time KRISH!

You've got my mouth all watering and watering to see your tank but you never get your tank! I better see some pics soon. I don't want to have to fly to the bahamas and hunt you down to see your tank.

LOL...I feel the same way, but I don't mind waiting to have it done right. The overflow ROCKS!!! Pics tomorrow so just one more night;)

big day tomorrow Krish (no pressure) maybe a day off work hmmmm anyhow all the best and im sure it will all go together perfectly, see ya when you get back

Please silence your cell phones at this time.

Now I'm just trying to decide which is better... Krish TALKING about his tank forever... or not talking at all.... Hmm....

:)

Movie_concessions_19.JPG

Wow, how old is that shot?! Water for under $3!?

Looks like a church group went to see Undercover Brother, eh? Imdb.com says 2002, so it's not that old, I guess.

Wait.. you had water for $1 in 2002?! Geez, I'm gettin' reamed in CA. I saw "Cars" on opening night. $19 for two tickets, $9 for two sodas, and $6 for popcorn. Do you have any idea what that could have bought for my tank!? :)

So it appears we've derailed this thread. Again.

So it appears we've derailed this thread. Again.

ROFL!! Impossible:p

Make sure you get your tickets for the show this evening because it will be a sell out!! Ifyou snooze, you lose. Oh yeah, bring your 3D glasses as well:p

Hi Krish, I was just looking at your sump, and I hate to say this but I think that you are going to have bigtime salt creep problems. Also the water level is set so high by the baffles that you are not going to have much of a buffer zone for when your pumps are turned off. I think that you are going to have to drill holes in the outside baffles to lower the water level in the sump by about 4 inches to combat the problems that I pointed out. I could be wrong, but I suppose that you will have to try it out once you get your tank going to find out. Are you getting your tank soon?

Hi Krish, I was just looking at your sump, and I hate to say this but I think that you are going to have bigtime salt creep problems. Also the water level is set so high by the baffles that you are not going to have much of a buffer zone for when your pumps are turned off. I think that you are going to have to drill holes in the outside baffles to lower the water level in the sump by about 4 inches to combat the problems that I pointed out. I could be wrong, but I suppose that you will have to try it out once you get your tank going to find out. Are you getting your tank soon?

Thanks Tom...I know about the baffles. Don't remind me :doubt: They were supposed to be lower, but apparently they aren't. I'll see how it goes though. The sump is a lot wider than my last one at I caculated it to give me about 2.5 gallons ofo play for back siphon and also, I won't be using the sea-swirl so hopefully it will work out. I'm going to put a pretty big hole in the return spout which will break the siphon quickly as well as I am going to add one of the swiss made check valves as a back up, but I won't really be relying on that. We'll see how it goes after the test run.

About the tank, it was water tested this morning for leaks and was sealed and the guy just called my 30 mins ago to make sure he got the right size bulkhead locations so he can drill the holes so it is still looking like I will get it later today:)

Back