Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish, nice looking tank. I still think that you are going to have to put some sort of cover installed over the right side because salt creep is going to be a problem with the bubbles popping and how high your water level is. Have fun Krish.

Thanks Tom...And you are right. I just brought home some plastic to put over on that side. It will be a small strip:)

LMBO!!! Krish you're gonna need a towel

Yeah, to make a rat tail to sting your backside with:p

Here are a few more pics! Still no real full tank shots yet. Today was another overcast day and for some reason I can't get this camera to take accurate color shots! :mad: We'll see how tomorrow goes. The 75gal was picked up today so in its place, sits the baby's pack and play:)

I added a threaded elbow and strainer to the drain to quiet down the overflow and it worked wonders. The little noise I have left now will be cancelled out totally after I add the lid to the prefilter

This is a shot under the canopy

Here's a side shot to give you an idea of the way the flow is set up. 5 nozzles total and 2 suctions

Full tank shot from across the room. Don't mind the color of the tank. It's blue, but not that blue...:)

ohhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooo squeeky clean,your tanks are the only time ive seen a bare bottom,do you require anything additional with the absence of substrate? do your parameters swing? do you need to scrub the deck? some times i think the sugar sand is a pain. thanks Krish

LOL...No man! Bare bottom is the way to go. My parameters stay perfectly stable and all I do is 10-15% weekly water changes, use B-Ionic two part supplement and that's it. My 75gal, the whole bottom was almost entirely purple before I took it down. I have some photos in my 75gal thread. The main advantage with bare bottom is you can point your flow right down at it and pick up all the detritus into the water column to be used up by the corals or removed by mechanical filtration or a skimmer. With sand, you could never point flow down like that or you'd have a sand storm! :shock:

Another little update...I put 2 strips on my sump my the input and the skimmer to help with salt creep etc and seems to be working nicely. I'll try for some more photos tomorrow:)

You need reeftankmonkey R. trade mark.
You just play the right music and it cleans the tank. Its great.
Its the funniest skit from saturday night live ever. (before they stopped being funny at all) LOL

ROFL! Thanks guys! I'm not doing the happy dance just yet. As you can see, still no full shots of the actual tank. I have a few things to decide first before I post a picture about the rockwork and then, just really trying to get the right lighting in the room to shoot the pic. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day:)

Gabby...You seem to notice everything in the room besides the tank everytime I post a picture:p

Gabby...You seem to notice everything in the room besides the tank everytime I post a picture

is there a problem with that :p .... hey you should be happy i'm complementing your taste :p :D ..... besides i'm a woman what can you expect and a Mexican one on top of that :p :lol:

A mexican on top of a woman!!! What the heck is going on in your house!! Take pictures if you can

LMBO!!! no because then i'd be baned from here :lol: :lol: .
well you know my house is like a monkey place :p .

Thanks Ron! I will try again tomorrow to give you guys an actual shot of the tank from the front. Then again, I may wait until I get the new bulb:p Corals are coming man...I have to do a lot of constant testing for a while to figure out my B-Ionic dosage now seeing I downgraded and then see if I can keep things stable. Once I've figured it out and ironed out all the little things with the tank, then I can add some. In any event, I have some coming in August so if I don't have any before, I will have some then:)

LMBO!!! no because then i'd be baned from here .
well you know my house is like a monkey place .

LOL! Don't post any pics then:p

Krish , Looking good bro!!!, Sorry have not been around for bit been Cali for meeting with Suppliers. You running supplment lighting on that tank or is that just MH.

Thanks Bob...No prob!:) There's no supplemental lighting on there. Just the single 250w MH. The good thing about this one is the light is suspended 12 inches like I wanted it to be on my 75gal so the tank is staying much cooler on its own, plus I still have the chiller connected so it doesn't have to work all that much:)

well all i have to say water changes dood !!
they do the trick at least for me :D ....... i haven't supplemented ph buffer almost for a whole month and it's at 8.4 :shock: :D and well.... you know i don't add anything to the tank exept food and bananas :lol: .......... just kidding.

LOL...Where are they??? :p I just took a few photos again, but they still didn't come out all that well so I will try again later and atleast put up something so you guys can see the tank:)

Back