Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just a small update. I got my 10K XM bulb and it is bright!!! Too bright! :eek: I see too much in the tank now(LOL) I got my lockline valves as well and threw them on and it worked like planned, but I still could do with a bit more flow so I will see what happenes when I get my Premium Aquatics order (should be tomorrow) and put the reducers on them. I'll post photos of the tank when I get everything in place. I may go back to the 12K because I think I enjoy the color a bit more but we'll see...It's still too early to decide:)

Krish got his light so now its on like donkey kong!!

ROFL! What's on???The light?:p Not sure f I will continue to use it yet because I don't want to use any supplemental lghting and it may be too white for my liking. I have to spend some time looking at it first though before I make a decision. First it was too blue, so I wanted pure white, now I'm thinking the blue is nicer looking so we'll see. I'll give RF a bit of a break when I get home and sit down and really look at the spectrum:)

Hi Krish. I really like the Venture 10K bulbs. ( they have a 14K look to our eyes but the corals get the benefit of the 10k ) I have been using them for all most 2 years and have had good coral growth and I like the color.

Hey Brian! I'll have to check those out! I will need something new to spend money on soon so that'll work:p I took the 10K out and put the 12K back in and I think prefer it. Just a word of caution, 250w bulbs get very hot!!!! Make sure you let them cool off completely first :rolleyes:

LOL! :D

I got a few things today. Nothing really to talk about, but all I can say is for a little bugger, this Maxijet can really stir up my cube! :eek: I was impressed with what the little thing can do. I tried out the reducers on the lockline and it didn't make that much of a difference but the lockline valves did. I have the flow a bit more evenly displaced between the 4 outputs. It still didn't give me what I wanted (I guess I was so use to the 2 Tunzes I had) but it is still a nice gentle coverage I am getting so I'm cool. I didn't want to have to add a powerhead in there but whatever. Here are a few pics from tonight. Don't mind the detritus everywhere. I stirred up the bottom a bit too much;p

The first photo is just to show the difference between the 3/4 locline and the 1/2 inch.

The second shows where I added the maxi jet

The third shows the lockline valves.

eeks - a closed loop and you still added a maxi-jet? man, that is a shame.... :)

i'd upgrade my pump before i'd ever add a maxi-jet back to my tank or any powerhead. :)

eeks - a closed loop and you still added a maxi-jet? man, that is a shame....

i'd upgrade my pump before i'd ever add a maxi-jet back to my tank or any powerhead.

LOL...That's why it is my tank and not yours:p I can't upgrade the pump without replumbing everything and it ain't happening. I got the maxijet just as backup incase what I was doing with the lockline didn't give me what I wanted. I will get the Tunze nano stream when they come out if I don't add a MBV or OM first to make my closed loop work a bit better:)

ROFL! It is only temporary. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on something I wouldn't probably leave in the tank, so I got the maxijet just incase I needed more flow for now until I figure out which route I will go:)

The 1/2" flair nozzles look like they would rock with a good pump right?
Can you later post a pic of the magnet holder?
I don't see anything wrong with two MJ1200's in a tank with a cl, sometimes flow in key places is difficult to accomplish.

Thanks for the new pics Krish(male) i think your running a single m/h yes? in the second shot the centre of the tank looks dark how can that be??

The 1/2" flair nozzles look like they would rock with a good pump right?
Can you later post a pic of the magnet holder?
I don't see anything wrong with two MJ1200's in a tank with a cl, sometimes flow in key places is difficult to accomplish.

Yeah...I think so (on the flare nozzle) . I will throw one of the 1/2 inch flares on one of the outputs tomorrow for you and close the valves on the other 3 nozzles to get full flow through the 1/2 inch and I'll let you know what I think of it then. That will be 1500 gph minus head loss through that single 1/2 inch nozzle. About the powerhead, yeah...I don't really mind it, but would have rathered not needing one. Chuck's old 75gal was a prime example of what you are talking about though. He had an acrylic tank and still used (2) Tunzes as well as a Maxijet:)

Thanks for the new pics Krish(male) i think your running a single m/h yes? in the second shot the centre of the tank looks dark how can that be??

LOL...No problem!:) About the dark spot, yeah, that is probably my reflection/shadow from taking the pic. It isn't normally like that. And, oh yeah, I do have a single halide centered over the tank without any center brace:)

ok now i can see the colour difference in the shadow,how far forward is your bulb from centre? have you settled on a bulb yet or still waiting on new? looking great as expected, carry on man catch you tomorrow

Back