Late fish delivery

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well the update, today, Regal has awareness of his surrondings, gill beats are still fast but not as bad as last night. Eyes focus on me and watches me. Wont eat but the worst 24 hours are over. He may, and my hopes arent too high but he may survive. If so he is one tough fish. Clams one is fine and the other is a little better but still not right. Tip top water quality helps alot. LOL

Recieved credit for lost fish on my next order. Dave at Vivid comes thru for me again. Great company and great people to work with.

credit for lost fish

Thats good news, Thanks for sharing this Steve this tells alot about the service with credit for lost fish Vivid gave sorry again for the other losses I hope you can save what you have left Steve..
...Jeff

wrightme43 said:
Recieved credit for lost fish on my next order. Dave at Vivid comes thru for me again. Great company and great people to work with.

Vendors

I have always knock on wood had very good luck with on-line vender's its the shipping guys that get ya and whats worse its not the guy dropping off our packages its just the system:mad: This has always been a big motivator for me personally to buy from a what is see in a store even if I have to drive up to 200 miles one way to get it...

wrightme43 said:
Thanks Jeff, Dave has always done me right. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Steve - that's great the Regal is still hanging in there. Are you going to reduce the salinity (hyposalinity) to help the fish with its recovery?

That system only had a tomato clown, and a green starfish that ate fish in it, it was already low. It was set up as fish only, I just droped the starfish in not careing if if lived or died. I moved it to my sump, no acclimation, heck I moved it in my hand. Still hasnt died. The regal is up, and relitively aware today. Still dont look right, but we will see. Salinity is 29ppt. I guess I could take it down more. Dont really think I am going to need to. He has made it thru the hardest days, I think it may just live.

wrightme43
I hope your fish makes a full recovery.
I have to give cudos to Dave at Vivid.I have purchased from him several times.He is a pleasure to deal with and has a 15 day no hassle guarantee.He will also try to fill special requests for fish.

Man.....sorry to hear about that Steve....that why I never buy stuff and have it delivered. Just hearing from your experience I will never order stuff from out of state. Better that I go to local shops. I have about 10 stores to go around no more than a 45 min drive. Good luck dawg!

Good luck dawg!

West side!(ROFLMAO) I agree with you Mo...I can't get fish imported here for crap these days. That's why I catch everything I want. The water is just too cold for me this time of year though(yeah I know, "Wuss, can't even go in the water during December in the Bahamas") but hey, for me it's too cold(LOL) I stll feel for you Steve...Sorry you had to have bad luck this time of year:(

The thing is it didnt really hurt me, or hurt dave, it hurt fedex but not much. LOL Disappointed a customer but she understands this can happen. I am just sad for the fish that lost out.

This doesnt exactly apply to Steve in this case, but when I order any livestock from an online vendor, I always have it held for pickup at a facility.
It allows me to come get the fish first thing in the morning, (if it arrives in my state...sorry Steve), and it keeps the livestock from bouncing around in the back of a truck in the cold or heat while I sit around anxiously waiting and pacing hoping the UPS/Fed-ex guys shows up sometime soon....
I've had very good luck so far with on-line stores and livestock arriving alive...my only losses to date from online livestock orders were animals that were not real good shippers in the first place.

I'm glad Vivid took care of you Steve, I've been hearing especially good things about them from people here on the board.

Nick

For all of our knowledge how does one assure that the package is kept at the facility to pick up? This could be well shared knowledge....
Fed Ex is about 5 minutes frommy house, but god knows when they will knock at my door....

I've only picked up one shipment at Fed Ex, but from what I remember, the shipper put my name, and the address of the Fed Ex facility near my home. I went first thing in the morning to pick it up. You might stop in the Fed Ex facility by your house and ask.

This is the main reason why i always buy my fish from the fish store. I did order fish once but i'll never do that again.

wwouu i just finished reading this thread :p .
I can't believe what you went through... it sucks though.
I gotta say that i do always check vividaquariums because i know you buy from them :D :p .

Back