Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Finn....you're officially my zoathid idol....are you accepting apprentices?

Seriously, I would love to hear your thoughts on lighting, feeding, etc. of course, I'd also be interested in trading frags!

Possible?

I've had these for about 1-1/2 years. I got them from a lady in Florida, a few months before the hurricanes came through. Her PPE's were about the only thing she managed to save, but she lost most of the colony. She was selling frags and the money was paying for her college tution and books. I started with two polyps and the frag went to about 18 when I had a battle with nudibranchs that mostly wiped out my zoo tank. I've managed to save about 8 polyps. Since then they have bouched back very well.
I bought another frag from a guy on ebay last year and they are identacle. The first two polyps I got, were supposed to have been bought, oringnally from Blane Perun who coined the phrase Purple People Eaters.

Thanks, you know, possibly the best tip I could give on raising zoanthids is, you must take proper precautions to keep from infecting your main tank with pests that eat zoanthids. You should always do a fresh water dip, inspect the zoanthids for any nudibranch eggs or sundial snail eggs and if you can quarintine the zoanthids for a period of time that you are sure that they are pest free.
Once you get a nudibranch problem in a zoanthid dominated tank, it's tough getting them out. And they always go for your favorites first, they never eat the brown ones.lol.

:)

barbie014.jpg

Hi, I'm new to Reef Frontiers. Thought I would join this thread and post some pics of my zoos:

JIMSPEACHcloseupSmall.jpg

OrangePeel-crazyhorse_crSmall.jpg

Bluewithorangerim-closeupSmall.jpg

Muchogalacticpinkflamingo_crSmall.jpg

Wowza! Those are awesome! Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Beakerbob - what camera are you using?

Thanks for the welcome Aquatic Guru, SpongeBob Lover & NaH20! Great site you have here.

I am using two types of cameras, an Olympus 3040 with close-up filters and a Nikon D-70.

Here's a couple more:
Orange-Pickcenter-chocolaterim11-2-.jpg

BluespottedMushroomwithorangepeelzo.jpg

Back