Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well it has a lot to do with lighting. They usually don't have anything too good there. These looked pretty drab there, but I could see that they would be pretty nice looking. I bought then and as they were opening up I was a happy guy.

New zoos :)
zoosandharlequin.jpg

zoofrag.jpg

zoosandacans.jpg

Last edited:
Oooo! Love the maroon ones on the right. Great looking shrimp, too :)

i must admit that the zoo fever has hit me but i would like to know do they only spread on a rock base or if u have a small colony or the sand with not much rock will then spread and spread or only fill the rock there on unless u place them in cracks and what not?
seeing these corals on the wild as i did yesterday by chance they were gettiong hammered in the current the colony was the size of a basket ball back board...havent got the zoo fever yet? where have u been...

hey there ya'll

been scouting this forum for a very long time but never posted.
we have a 140 tank in which we mostly raise zoanthids. we love these dang things. gonig on around 70+ differnt morphs now. here are a few pics from this week.

Picked these up a short while ago from some of my fellow reefers in Michigan.

The first is called PHE's.....similar the the PPE except with a red ring. This is a terrific looking zoo and I can't wait for the colony to grow out:

PHE-Bronco-MR.jpg

The second zoos are Wildfire zoos and the colors are unbelievable! Under my MH lighting, the skirts are a bright orange. Under the actinics, they are blazing orange, so bright that they almost hurt the eyes. Capturing the blazing orange on the camera was a challenge because the skirt fluoresced so brightly under actinics that the other areas in the picture were impacted and subdued.

Here is a shot of the Wildfires under MH lighting:
Wildfires-tekknoschtev-11copy.jpg

Here they are under actinics:
Wildfires-tekknoschtev-3-Actinics1.jpg

Wow, finn those are nice! Let me know when you frag those, I still need to drop down there.

Heres my new zoo's from Barry at Kuhana Corals about 30 minutes after being put in my tank.........
pinkzoos.jpg

Last edited:
zoos

They all look terrific, and I cant wait till my collection gets to lookin good!

dose anyone think that placing a zoo colony to high in a tank or getting a very small colony will lead to unhealthy zoo's?

Back